Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

NWR: Bras!

I guess this is mildly wedding related since I'll need a good one for the wedding.

I've lost some weight recently and gone down a clothing size.  I have definitely noticed my bras are not working as well and I feel like my tatas are always looking saggy.  There is one particular style from Victoria's Secret that I love and own in like 5 different colors.  I stopped in last weekend to get sized again and seeing if I went down... apparently not.  I am unhappily measuring a 35.  I was completely busting out of the 34 D and the 36 D (what I currently own) was too big.  The girl tried to accommodate me with a 34 DD (which I don't get how that helps..) but I was still busting out.  It was so frustrating!!

I am planning to visit a specialty shop soon.  Do you guys think they will be able to fit me in something?  I mean, I can't be the only person with an off measurement right?  I feel like I have freak boobs!

When the girl at VS asked if I was going to buy, I said no cause they didn't fit.  I added that maybe I will just love more and end up with the 34.  She told me I should buy the 34 now as motivation to lose weight!  I was totally annoyed! Oh well.

My MOH has her Navybf coming in from another country for the next 2 weeks so I won't be able to get to Bare Essentials until March.  My fitting is the end of March - I hope they have something!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: NWR: Bras!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In the meantime until you can get to the store, can you just shorten the straps a bit on the bras you own?  This may help the sagginess.
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I can't really look this up at work:

Band size is around your ribs plus 4 inches then round to the even number.  So 35 inches is a 38/40 band size.  Unless she already added the 4, then 34/36

Then cup size is the measurement around the biggest part of your bust, minus the measurement around your ribs.  So a 1 inch difference is an A cup, 2 inch difference is B, etc. 

So if you go up a band size you go down a cup size... this is where the girl went wrong.  Play around until you find something that fits using the "rule of thumb" measurements above.  If 34D band fit and you were busting out, 34DD which VS doesn't have... and probably why she couldn't help you,  or 36C. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Victoria's Secret sucks.  Do your self a favor and get measured at Intimacy in KOP mall.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    cc+mmcc+mm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_nwr-bras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:283ebf73-684b-4199-8798-195f01f2cc3aPost:742bbe97-23a8-4911-94e4-ec4cbde2a097">Re: NWR: Bras!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Victoria's Secret sucks.  Do your self a favor and get measured at Intimacy in KOP mall.
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

<div>Totally agree! VS sucks. I had a great experience at the Nordstrom in Cherry Hill. They measured me and she kept bringing me styles to try on after we figured out what worked and didn't work. Different styles fit differently. As for brands, I am a 34DD and love Wacol, they are very supportive and comfortable.</div>
  • Options
    lisalaroclisalaroc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_nwr-bras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:283ebf73-684b-4199-8798-195f01f2cc3aPost:39631804-d3f3-4073-b0ad-06f0255351fa">Re: NWR: Bras!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Correct me if I'm wrong, as I can't really look this up at work: Band size is around your ribs plus 4 inches then round to the even number.  So 35 inches is a 38/40 band size.  Unless she already added the 4, then 34/36 Then cup size is the measurement around the biggest part of your bust, minus the measurement around your ribs.  So a 1 inch difference is an A cup, 2 inch difference is B, etc.  So if you go up a band size you go down a cup size... this is where the girl went wrong.  Play around until you find something that fits using the "rule of thumb" measurements above.  If 34D band fit and you were busting out, 34DD which VS doesn't have... and probably why she couldn't help you,  or 36C. 
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that adding inches part - she just said I measured 35 so I wrote it wrong. Oops!

Well they did have a 34 DD and I was busting out of that to.. which really made no sense.

Thanks for the advice  - I never trusted the measurements there anyway but I love this one bra so I have like 5 of them and now I have 5 bras that don't fit properly cause I lost weight!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards