October 2012 Weddings

Church Ceremony?

Are you have altar bouquets at the church ceremony? I was gonna do this and now not sure if they are even needed?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Church Ceremony?

• I'm not.  My church has seasonal arrangements around the altar that they do not allow us to move, so I'm just using those.  I don't think they're really needed, unless you feel that the church looks really barren.  I think it's one of those details brides think other people notice, but they really don't. 
  • We're bringing in an arrangement. The church had a silk arrangement we could have used. We'll leave it at the church for their Sunday service. Like PP said I don't think its necessary unless you think it looks empty without it.
  • My FMIL is taking care of that. Our church would have arrangements out anyways since it's Thanksgiving weekend next weekend, but FMIL offered to pay for specific arrangements so away she went. It's one of the details I wasn;t going to even bother with, but she offered.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • I've been thinking a lot about this too.  We are getting married in an old stone chapel (see below) and I've been trying to decide if I need to add flowers.  I'm leaning towards not having flowers.  It's a very pretty building by itself and there is quite a lot of detail.  What do you ladies think?

Photobucket
  • we aren't doing any ceremony decor because we don't think its nessacary.  the space will probably seem dull without it but we really don't care.  we felt like it was an expense we didn't need becuase people never remember the ceremony decor anyways.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_church-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:0ad3e408-b158-4dae-b7b2-f82c168da3afPost:0796d5a5-532c-4f65-88a6-ab9aeb20003a">Re: Church Ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been thinking a lot about this too.  We are getting married in an old stone chapel (see below) and I've been trying to decide if I need to add flowers.  I'm leaning towards not having flowers.  It's a very pretty building by itself and there is quite a lot of detail.  What do you ladies think?
    Posted by mlperkins12[/QUOTE]

Our church is similar - very ornate, lots of stone/marble and stained glass. Our florist actually suggested skipping altar flowers. (Save money, yes please!)
  • We are doing two arrangements one on each side and then a couple of bows down each side of the aisle.
    We didnt spend a lot of $ bc we have to "donate" the flowers to the church & i remember from my sisters wedding you barely see them in the pictures
  • I'm kind of torn because our church keeps them for Sunday service too.  would it be rude to not have any?  then there won't be any for church the next day
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • One of my co-workers offered to make one for me so I said "sure"!  I bought most of the flowers for it and she arranged it.  We will take the flower arrangement to the reception as additional decor.  I am not doing any pew decorations so thought the one flower arrangement would be a good idea.
    Anniversary
    Missing our September Sunflower
    BFP 12/23/12: EDD 9/01/13: MMC 1/31/13, baby stopped growing at 8w2d. D&C 2/01/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards