October 2012 Weddings
Options

Bridal Party Dance ?

Our wedding is quite small, only about 55 guests.  We aren't really the rowdy type.  I'm wondering if you all have any thoughts on scrapping the bridal party dance.  We will do a newlywed dance, father/daugher dance and mother/son dance.  I think a lot of the slow songs are quite cheesy and I can't see our group really getting into the fast songs to dance (the best man is almost 50 and not too much fun...FBIL). 

Any insight?

Re: Bridal Party Dance ?

• Options
    We're not doing a bridal party dance either.  I think it's perfectly fine to skip it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we arent doing a bridal party dance - we have unven sides!
  • Options
    we aren't doing it.  my girls don't know the GM.  it would be awkward.  I'm not going to make them slow dance with people they just met the night before

we have uneven sides too - but we didn't when we decided to nix it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We are, but we're kinda being silly about it.  None of the WP knows what the song is.  We're going to let them get up & couple up like they're going to slow dance.  And then Walk it Out will come on :-)  Yeah some people might not like it but its fun & its us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've only been to probably 1 wedding with a bridal party dance.  Spare your WP.

• Options
    We'd talked about having our bridal party jump in and dance together for the last thirty seconds or so of our first dance together, but that never panned out.

Can totally be skipped!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I say don't do it.  No offense to those that are, but I think it's silly and outdated to put your WP on display like that.

If you want to have them join you for a dance, do so, but have them dance with the SOs.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_bridal-party-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:115deff2-1517-4d07-89b6-963bdabdf736Post:7edcfae9-cacd-4e13-8abb-be6dce753a13">Re: Bridal Party Dance ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've only been to probably 1 wedding with a bridal party dance.  Spare your WP.
    Posted by lwoehlk[/QUOTE]

This!  I hated having to dance with someone when I am a BM... it's awkward even if you know the person...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_bridal-party-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:115deff2-1517-4d07-89b6-963bdabdf736Post:c446e417-bc98-4f83-ae52-b8adfc853f5e">Re: Bridal Party Dance ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridal Party Dance ? : This!  I hated having to dance with someone when I am a BM... it's awkward even if you know the person...
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

Totally!  I hated having to dance with a guy that I met the night before!  And it's even worse if both parties are attached and would much rather be dancing with their SO.  OP, if you do want to have a dance, maybe just let the WP bring their dates up to dance (assuming no one is stag and will be left out).

• Options
    We aren't doing one. Almost all of our WP is OOT anyway so we wouldn't be able to teach them even if we watned to.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you ladies, I feel much better now! We have such a mixed bag WP that it would have been strange! Every wedding I've been in (a LOT!) have made me dance with guys I don't know...ugh, awkward!
  • Options
    I've only seen it done once, and I thought it was boring.  Having been in 3 weddings, I am very glad that I did not have to participate in one.

The first dance, parent dances, etc. are sweet, but IMO a wedding party dance looks too much like a performance.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    we are not doing it either....skip it if you dont want it....its your wedding and you can do what you want...this is my current motto...so im pushing it on everyone else :)
    Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
    101 Are ready to party image
    18 Can't make it image
    1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image
  • Options
    you mean a dance where they are paired up and slow dance together?  totally skip that!!  I'm not comfortablt dancing with people and I'd hateto do it if I was a WP member, therfore, I'd never ask mine to do it.
  • Options
    Nope not doing it! Lol WE are uneven anyways...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards