October 2012 Weddings
Options

Dress & BM w/ the newborn

Well the excitement for today involves FI volunteering to handle all of the rest of the correspondance with our venue, who are making me want to pull out my hair.  Lovely!  Every day for the last week I've wanted to cry dealing with them.

I am taking FMIL with me tonight to pick up my dress/final fitting!  I can't wait to try it on again.  No alterations were really done, but I'm excited to get in it again!  haha

Tonight I think I need to check in with my BM who had her baby last Wed.  I have a gut feeling that even though she said for the last 9+ months that she would come to the wedding, baby and husband in tow, that the reality of it is she isn't coming.  Since our final numbers were due last week, I kept them off the count, but I want to know 1 week before so I can add their meals, and you know, know whether I will have 3 bridesmaids there!  haha

This time next week I will be off work for a long time, and getting ready to pick up on of my first family members arriving in town!  Fast forward please!!

Re: Dress & BM w/ the newborn

• Options
    Good luck! Hope it all turns out great. And kudos to your FI for helping with the venue. :-)
  • Options
    I get that. But I do hope you intend to give her that choice. As long as the baby is a healthy, full-term newborn, and the delivery was uncomplicated, I don't see why she couldn't attend a wedding. I don't see why she would lie to you for 9+ months and then back out (unless she is the type of persont to do that?) 

Hormones after birth are crazy, so it might be best for her to stay away.... cause I would be furious if someone made this decision FOR me and took away my meal if I RSVP'd yes just cause I had a baby... Unless she told you last week she wasn't sure she was coming??! I can't imagine.... especially if I was in the bridal party! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
    44 image are ready to party!
    31 image declines
    0 imagecan't find the bleeping mailbox
    RSVP Date: Sept 24
  • Options
    LDubHawksFanLDubHawksFan member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_dress-bm-w-the-newborn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:13a5984d-e323-423d-9cd5-3201a4776859Post:549b496c-9e42-4f06-a21d-326ffe1c55a0">Re: Dress & BM w/ the newborn</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get that. But I do hope you intend to give her that choice. As long as the baby is a healthy, full-term newborn, and the delivery was uncomplicated, I don't see why she couldn't attend a wedding. I don't see why she would lie to you for 9+ months and then back out (unless she is the type of persont to do that?)  Hormones after birth are crazy, so it might be best for her to stay away.... cause I would be furious if someone made this decision FOR me and took away my meal if I RSVP'd yes just cause I had a baby... Unless she told you last week she wasn't sure she was coming??! I can't imagine.... especially if I was in the bridal party! 
    Posted by insanityofamom[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I should clarify.  I absolutely want her to come and will simply be asking her if she still intends on coming.  The reason I am doubtful is because she was due the end of Sept and the Dr. didn't induce her for an extra 1.5 wks.....2 weeks old is different than almost a month.  Oh and there is the traveling.....She lives in IA and would need to fly with a 2 week old 2000 miles.  They have not booked their flights or hotels.  It's her first born, so although it does seem plausible during your pregnancy, I am understanding that after giving birth the mom mentality could be far different.  In fact I've not met one mom that told me they would absolutely not come if they were in her shoes.  Since I couldn't subtract numbers after the final count, but I can add up until even 5 days before, I will add their meals in a heartbeat.  *ETA, I thought it would be better not to give their numbers and spend another $200+ for meals that won't get eaten if they don't come.  I don't see why waiting is a problem, since it's not like I've told her they aren't allowed to come now.

Thank you for your concern for her though but I really don't appreciate that you are insinuating that I'm kicking her out because I've been hoping and praying for 9 months that it works out, but know how much starting a family means to her.

• Options
    The travel changes things quite a bit.. I wish you the best. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
    44 image are ready to party!
    31 image declines
    0 imagecan't find the bleeping mailbox
    RSVP Date: Sept 24
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_dress-bm-w-the-newborn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:13a5984d-e323-423d-9cd5-3201a4776859Post:ac663cbd-015b-4f31-a0c5-67f8bccf83ae">Re: Dress & BM w/ the newborn</a>:
    [QUOTE]The travel changes things quite a bit.. I wish you the best. 
    Posted by insanityofamom[/QUOTE]

Thank you, and I'm sorry I was so short earlier.  Clearly, although I am ok if she doesn't decide to come, I am ready to finalize details and wish she would break the news to me or confirm the happiest news since the babie's birth (for me at least! hehe)!  Fingers crossed!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards