October 2012 Weddings
Options

First Look v. No First Look photography?

Earlier in the year, we talked about this and I had inquired as to what the first look was....since then, I have been incredibly excited about doing it and FI originally said....NO WAY...I want to see you for the first time when you come down the isle....BIG SIGH....OKAY......welll.....as the year has gone on and we have chosen a photographer and meet with her and discussed everything...FI is ALL IN on the first look and I couldn't be happier with it!!  I dont want to be forced to have pictures between ceremony and reception, mainly because they are in the same place and I dont want guests standing around waiting on us....plus I will feel rushed to get good pictures....so I was just wondering where all of you are on this?

First look?
No?
Why?
Are you happy with your decision?
Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
101 Are ready to party image
18 Can't make it image
1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image

Re: First Look v. No First Look photography?

• Options
    Yes, we're doing a first look and I could not be happier.  The first look really wasn't an option, it was a necessity (but even if we had a choice, I'd probably opt for the first look).  OUr ceremony is at 6, and it will be dark out after our ceremony.  We wanted our pictures to be outside, so we are doing ALL of our pictures before the ceremony.

I also think it will be really nice for FI and I to have a few minutes alone before things get crazy and that it will take away some of the nerves.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're having a first look, too. I think it will very calming for me, to have a moment with FI. I'd rather get all emotional in front of him instead of all of our guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nope, not doing one!

We are pretty old fashioned.  We don't want to see each other before the ceremony.  We never even considered doing a First Look. 

I do admit though, it IS practical time-wise. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We are doing one, mostly because we want to enjoy our time with our guests during cocktail hour. We aren't doing a receiving line, so this seemed like a good time to mingle, rather than kidnapping the bridal party and our families for photos.

I am a *tiny* bit disappointed that FI will see me before the ceremony, but I'll get over it. We're still doing first look at the venue (same place for both ceremony and reception), so I think it will work out really well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We're also not doing one. Both of us want our 'first look' to be when I'm walking down the aisle. Without a wedding party we'll have plenty of time between the ceremony and the reception to get great photos of the two of us, and we're not planning on travelling away from the ceremony & reception site for photos.
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We won't be doing a first look. I don't think FI could care less, but

a) He has to wait for the last minute because he had no opinion on my dress. Bah!
    b) He will be late. He won't be late to the wedding, I can guarantee he would be late for photos. No need to stress myself over it!

I really don't think I lean either way as far as disappointed. In spite of us living together, I have a lot of traditional and even old-fashioned tendencies. This suits me fine. We have a very small wedding party (each of us has one attendant), so I think pics will move quickly.
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_first-look-v-no-first-look-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:1a2187e4-b35e-42c0-af1c-c955df4e3662Post:9932745b-9339-4d2f-96da-a2a9a2fefcd4">Re: First Look v. No First Look photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nope, not doing one! We are pretty old fashioned.  We don't want to see each other before the ceremony.  We never even considered doing a First Look.  I do admit though, it IS practical time-wise. 
    Posted by aro1589[/QUOTE]

This exactly!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • Options
    We're doing one and I'm so excited for it!
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WE are also doing one... FI is excited about it...

will just be him and I (and Photographer) then 45 min later bridal party shots, then family...

so we only have a few photos to take after the ceremony...

either way it will still be emotinal seeing me coming down the aisle... although we have a WEIRD aisle... so it is like he would see me but my photographer wouldn't be able to catch the moment properly... so we decided on first look.
  • Options
    We are not doing a first look. It was something FI and I were both pretty firm on although many people have tried to convince us to do it. We decided we'd rather spend the time between ceremony and reception taking pictures than do it before hand when I'll probably be a maniac with nerves lol.

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
  • Options
    No, not doing first look.  I wanted to keep a little tradition involved, I'm having a church ceremony and want the "first look" to be as I am walking down the aisle.  FI is a big ol' cry baby and I am hoping to have that reaction.  lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, we're doing one and I think it's going to be beautiful and a really special moment between FI and I. 
  • Options
    We aren't doing one.  It actually isn't practical time-wise for us since we are having an earlier ceremony.  I have seen some absolutely beautiful first look photographs but I just really want the first time he sees me to be walking down the aisle.
  • Options
    We're doing one! Its kind of a necessity! Our goal is to have ALL photos taken before th ceremony. There is about. 15 to 20 min drive to the reception venue. We are not having a cocktail hour..not in the budget. So I don't want people to eat and leave before we even show up to the reception. However we are getting ready at the reception location..will do most of our photos including first look there..travel to the Church where we'll meet the grandparents for pictures with them and then do a FEW formal BP shots and photos with our parents. Since we are also cooking for the reception FMIL wants to get back there asap to make sure everything is in place when the guests start arriving. I can't wait for the first look photos!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're doing one. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Neither of us will see the other until the ceremony begins. That's how we both want it. I know it's practical to do the first look photos but we'll make it work for us without that. 
    Just my two cents! Penny L G M
  • Options
    I am really looking forward to our First Look and to enjoying the cocktail hour food with friends and family!

We have an 1 hour and 15 min between ceremony end and reception start and with travel time that leaves no time for pictures and cocktail hour.  It was one or the other and we both choce the cocktail hour.  Plus we really wanted to be able to take our time with the pictures and enjoy a leisurly day without trying to rush through pictures after the ceremony.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards