October 2012 Weddings
Options

anything happen at your wedding...

that you thought wasn't funny then but it isn't so bad now that you think about it?

1) Got so nervous walking down the aisle that I couldn't hear anything else under my veil except my own breathing...felt like Darth Vader...I was so sad I missed the harp music that everyone loved...now it's pretty funny and i'm hoping someone actually video-taped the processional (regret not having a videographer now)

2) Outdoor wedding: ambulances and police sirens were heard right after we said our vows. Was annoying at the time but then everyone had a good laugh and i think it broke up the ceremony and slowed it down a bit. It allowed me to take a deep breath and really soak it in that we were getting married at that moment.
Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

Re: anything happen at your wedding...

• Options

Yup, I was pretty nervous in the last five minutes before the ceremony and barely remember walking down the aisle or hearing the string quartet play. All I remember is walking into the church, seeing my highschool music teacher, holding back tears and then getting up to the alter and handing my MOH my flowers. That's about it. I kind of wish we had a videographer so I could see it all again. Oh well, pictures will have to do.

The pastor also called FIL the wrong name for the reading which was confusing at the time b/c we weren't sure if he was going to be able to do it until the last minute so the backup plan was for the BM to do it so she accidentally said the BMs name and I thought "oh, I guess BM is doing it" but then FIL got up and did it.

I think that's it.. everything else went pretty smoothly.

Anniversary
  • Options
    There was a lot of confusion about entering the barn where we had the ceremony (it changed from what we rehearsed), and it felt kind of like a mad scramble. It doesn't really quite make me laugh now but it also doesn't seem like such a big deal. Hopefully the bridesmaids I snapped at feel the same way. ;)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    my husband dropped the serving spoon for the stuffed rigatoni and got sauce all over the bottom of my dress.  I freaked out.  Thankfully the caterer was able to get it out and all was well.  I wish I wouldn't have been so upset about it - I wish I would have known it would come right out and not have made a big deal out of it.

During the readings of the ceremony, I was too focused at looking in the crowd to see who was there instead of looking at the important people like my parents and husband.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My venue forgot to feed our photographers and our dj's. The photographer told my Dad that her and the 2nd shooter were going to go get something to eat. Thankfully he knew that we paid for meals for all of these vendors. He ran all over the place finding someone to fix this and thankfully, they were given their meals. I am so happy that my Dad fixed this because I would have been very upset, I didn't want to be the bad bride who didn't feed their vendors. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The confusion of the outdoor ceremony... the sun, then the rain, then hiding in the gazebo... then the sun came back out, then rain again then HAIL and haivng to run...to finish the ceremony inside... I thought it was a bit nuts...

• Options
    The florist was very late so most of my pictures were without my bouquet. He was also supposed to bring a table for our loving cup ceremony that he did not, and my MOH's bouquet was awful, but luckily there was an extra smaller bouquet with the right flowers, and my DOC was able to find a small table at the venue to use.
  • Options
    Ohhh... I realized as we walked to the cake - I didn't really know what to do! We needed to cut, eat, serve our guests - holy smokes I failed to mind my Mother ;) and ask my sisters to help cut/serve!!! I ran to them, they indulged me, I'm a goof but it was lovely!
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    ivedonethisb4ivedonethisb4 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    My Wedding was perfect....the only funny thing...my BMs were cracking up during the ceremony there was some HUGE bug crawling up the preachers neck and on his bald head. I was in my head freaking out. Justin has to get the preacher to repeat part of the vows. According to God's Holy ordinance 'can you say that again?' The crowd laughed at that! Between locations I handed off my bouquet and didn't know where it was...I had a slight freak out thinking it had gotten left until Mom arrived with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    During the ceremony, I almost face-planted because my sister on my dress when we were walking to do the unity candle ceremony.  My sister was handling my train to prevent me from knocking over the table.

Our cake cutting went terribly.  We cut too narrow of a piece, and the venue didn't give us any forks.  H picked up cake with his hand and stuffed some in his mouth - completely forgetting that he was supposed to feed me and I him.

We also both failed miserably at the tosses.  I threw my bouquet way too far (the tosser was lighter than the one I'd been carrying around all day) and H's toss of the garter didn't even make it halfway to the crowd of people. 
  • Options
    Ummm, nothing that was so bad.  During the rehearsal the day before, there was major bombing going on at the Marine base, so we were a little worried it would happen during our vows, but luckily they held off until shortly after the wedding! 

During the wedding, one of our nieces came up during our wine box ceremony and it was pretty cute.  Afterwards, we couldn't get the other niece/FG to stop crying for pictures.  I found out later from her mom it was because she was made that FMIL had "taken her spot" right next to me and she lost it!  The rest of the night she was glued to my side.

We too realized that we didn't know what we were supposed to do for the cake cutting.  My toss went a little bad.  I was trying to throw it right at my brother's fiance but my aim is terrible so it kind of went towards a tall male guest that was next to her so he threw it in the middle.  lol

• Options
    One really cute thing that made everyone laugh was that my now husband jumped on his "I Do" too early in his vows. :-) After the first line he said it really loudly and very confidently. It was super cute. 

Another memorable thing was the cake cutting. Our cake was so pretty that I didn't want to ruin it so I cute this little bitty piece that the server was too big to cut out. My husband grabbed the server and cut off the whole corner. haha very effective. 

But one of the most random things was the Denver Zombie crawl. Each year in Denver people dress up ALL OUT as zombies and go to the local bars. When we were out there was a zombie bride! I took a picture with her (below) and she was very in character. Too funny!

• Options
    I don't remember a lot of the ceremony because i was super nervous walking. I remember smiling at my aunt and cousin... Everyone else is a blur... Oh i stopped following the reverend during my vows! Lol!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    270475_10151278916785395_726690480_n-1
    Mom to D.A (11.09) and 3 beautiful angels (06.08, 03.11, 07.12)
  • Options
    In Response to Re:anything happen at your wedding...:[QUOTE]During the ceremony, I almost faceplanted because my sister on my dress when we were walking to do the unity candle ceremony. nbsp;My sister was handling my train to prevent me from knocking over the table.Our cake cutting went terribly. nbsp;We cut too narrow of a piece, and the venue didn't give us any forks. nbsp;H picked up cake with his hand and stuffed some in his mouth completely forgetting that he was supposed to feed me and I him.We also both failed miserably at the tosses. nbsp;I threw my bouquet way too far the tosser was lighter than the one I'd been carrying around all day and H's toss of the garter didn't even make it halfway to the crowd of people.nbsp; Posted by ericaandtom2012[/QUOTE]

I totally sliced the cake wrong too! I cut the whole piece, we got it out and i just started to slam it in Hubbsters face. he ducked and it landed by the Dj... Then we fed each other a new piece and i bit hubbsters finger!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    270475_10151278916785395_726690480_n-1
    Mom to D.A (11.09) and 3 beautiful angels (06.08, 03.11, 07.12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards