Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

***Married Ladies**

What was your favorite non monetary gift you got for your wedding?
Photobucket

Re: ***Married Ladies**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Off the top of my head, probably our Keurig. Or our down comforter.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    a hand painted bible that eveeyone in my family has. my grandma painted it after stripping off the names of the previous couple.
    Also my grandfather did a bride and groom cross stich.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The white bikini top with a ring on it for the honeymoon :)  My MOH bought it for me.

We didn't get any creative wedding gifts Frown
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_married-ladies-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:2a762428-fd15-4b77-ad51-8e68d6e0e9cdPost:a5d6a359-a73a-43b8-97d1-8b0ce5f93707">Re: ***Married Ladies**</a>:
    [QUOTE]The white bikini top with a ring on it for the honeymoon :)  My MOH bought it for me. <strong>We didn't get any creative wedding gifts
    </strong>Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

Us either. Hence, my generic response above... which I still LOVE.
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got these neat pots and pans that you use on the grill/for the grill. Wasn't on the registry, but my Aunt got it for Jimmy. We haven't used them yet, but they are going to be great for BBQ's because you can make beans etc. There was a ton more in the set.

We didn't get much else as a gift for our wedding.
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll have to echo the Keurig because we use it all the time and its fabulous.

Also love this blanket my Godfather's sister made us- its warm and cozy for me since Im always cold haha And the ihome for my ipod that my bridal party gave me
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BP we have stuff like that too.  We didn't get it for the wedding though, we bought them a few years ago ourselves.  It's really helpful to do ALL of the cooking outside rather than having to run in and out.  You guys will love it!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We only received one non-monetary gift at the wedding.  It was a framed, hand painted scenic landscape.  The SO of one of DH's coworkers painted it himself.  He even wrote a nice little note with it, which I thought was really sweet since we don't even really know him.  We actually really like it a lot and have it displayed in our living room.

• Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

one of my friends framed and matted our invitation.  The matte is so simple with a scallop edge in the corner.  I cannot wait to hang it in the house.

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amer, my mom's friend did that for us too.  She matted it with pressed flowers from my bridal shower.  It's beautiful and I love it.  We have it hanging in our diningroom :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My coworker is doing that for her niece. (having the invite matted & framed)
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We actually got another one at our rehearshal dinner that I really like, however the best man and his fiance gave it to us.  They have since broken up and I don't feel right about displaying something his ex-fiance's mother made.  Esp cause I kinda hated that bish.

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ha Amer, that is pretty but I agree with you.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The only non monetary wedding gifts we received were nativity sets. Oh and I forgot about we did have some one frame our invite, but they drew flowers on it which I am not too fond of so I'm not sure if I will display it. Maybe I will matt and frame my own.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_married-ladies-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:2a762428-fd15-4b77-ad51-8e68d6e0e9cdPost:7f1ed5c9-c3c4-4e77-b891-25263491f49f">Re: ***Married Ladies**</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only non monetary wedding gifts we received were nativity sets. Oh and I forgot about we did have some one frame our invite, but they drew flowers on it which I am not too fond of so I'm not sure if I will display it. Maybe I will matt and frame my own.
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE

In hindsight, I am realizing that OP might have been about gifts receieved AT the wedding. The ones I mentioned were shower gifts (obv still FOR the wedding). We only got like 2 non-monetary gifts AT the wedding, and I actually can't reember what they were...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_married-ladies-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:2a762428-fd15-4b77-ad51-8e68d6e0e9cdPost:907a3f38-26de-4f8f-a919-9b00ce1f5d2a">Re: ***Married Ladies**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***Married Ladies** : [QUOTE] I am realizing that OP might have been about gifts receieved AT the wedding. The ones I mentioned were shower gifts (obv still FOR the wedding). We only got like 2 non-monetary gifts AT the wedding, and I actually can't reember what they were...
    Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

This is correct.  I posted my reason in Cara's least favorite post.  I'd explain again but I gg to work now :(  Keep it coming ladies, I need ideas.  They told us they needed furniture but I'm not comfortable buying furniture for someone else.  Plus I think that's an insane wedding gift IMO.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh Stacy that is odd! How about a check with a note saying this is toward new furniture?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The Keurig I have yet to use!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm tough one......toss up between the 16 bottle Wine Fridge (which somehow is always empty) or our Crate & Barrel Dining Room Table
    Braxton & Lizzie 10.9.10 Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nicole, lol I thought of that but somehow I don't think the check would be big enough!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My one gf works at QVC (Hil I laughed at your post the other day) and my SIL & I were talking about this product called "Temptations"... so my gf bought me the set. It's an awesome set. It's a "oven to table" cook wear... you can make stuff in it, cook it in, serve it on the table or transport it. It comes with the dishes, holders for each dish, hot plates for each dish, a lid and a carrier. My favorite color is orange so it's perfect!! I love the set....

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.K27439.desc.Temptations-Polka-Dot-9pc-Set-wEmbroidered-Carrier-Tote.cm_scid.zone

That was most creative as we didnt register for it.... OUR FAVORITE is hands down the Keurig
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wait, my post was shower gifts... We only got money AT the wedding.... Well we did get our China serving platter, but we registered for that... and a few gift cards....(Kohls, BBB... so they were very useful)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For us, it was hands down a camera.  We were looking at cameras to buy for ourselves for our honeymoon (i had a point and shoot that was a few years old).  However, it always got moved down to the bottom of the list - not necessarily because of the cost, but we just didn't have time to do the research.  My husband's best man knew that we were looking and knows  more than we do about cameras, so he got some of the groomsmen together and bought us the Nikon D3100.  It's an AMAZING camera, and we definitely have great pictures from our honeymoon!

Two other great gifts was a Lehigh throw (we met at Lehigh) and my sister's matron of honor toast/performace!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards