October 2012 Weddings
Options

New Years Eve

Whats everyone up to? Any big plans?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary

Re: New Years Eve

• Options
    I'm goin to VEGAS with my MOH! my birthday is the day before so there will be lots of celebrating and fun for the long weekend :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    FI and I are going to Nebraska with some of his guy friends to visit a couple of his friends who live there. It will be a long drive in a car full of of dude, but I think it should shape up to be a good time. Maybe not as good as Vegas, though. :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI and I are heading up to Cleveland for our annual get together with our friends.  It'll be one year since FI proposed!  Unfortunately its going to be a slightly smaller group this year than in the past.  One set of friends (they're married) can't come because he had shoulder surgery on the 14th.  Another friend recently moved to Maryland.  I don't think he was able to get more time off work other than Christmas.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    One of the larger wedding venues around here has a nice pub on its grounds and they offer a nice little package for NYE.  FI & I, and 2 other couples (1 couple being part of our WP) are going to go for dinner, then dancing, and  champagne toast at midnight.  Can not remember the last time I did anything for NYE (or went dancing for that matter!).  Can't wait, should be a fun evening :-)
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    SOunds like everyone has ome great plans.  I think that FI & I are going to FI's uncle's again.  Its just a few people with some food and drinks.  Last year seemed pretty tame compared to stories of past New Year's parties but that's okay with me.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I think we are just going to stay in and watch movies or play games. We won't be back home till Friday afternoon from visiting family and I just want to relax.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My family usually gets together for New Years Eve and has a low key party but this year they are going all out and turning my uncles house into a club - clearing out furniture, getting a dj, etc.  It kind of sucks, because we already told some friends we would go to their party.  Unlike a lot of people, I love my family and it's awesome spending time with them, so I'm going to kind of miss not being there.  We might make a quick appearance though.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    At the golf club we don't have any events going on for three weeks so I've been picking up shifts at the bar I use to work at here and there.  So I decided to pick up New Years Eve and Day to let someone who works all the time have those nights off.  I figure FI has to be at work on New Years Day at 4am, half of my friends are going to the city (which I hate doing) and the other half work at this bar anyways, so why not just work, I am able to drink, and make money!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Oct. 2012 Dec Siggy
    Favorite Thing About the Holidays
    Our Tree(Is it Bears or Broncos?) & Of Course!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I honestly have no idea... we are in florida at the moment and I feel like we are going to be driving/have just gotten home because my sister has to work on the first or second? I don't know... at this point I am just doing what they tell me to do, lol.
  • Options

dana... where are you going? I was thinking of doing the poughkeepsie grand package but I am not sure if I want to spend 375 bucks when we are going on vacation at the end of the month. New Years Day will be our 7th anniversary and I am thinking of doing shaddows brunch on new years day.

Photobucket invite1
  • Options

I am having a New Year's Rock Band Eve party with a few friends and FI :)

• Options
    FI is towing... and I'm going with him!  Gosh Darnit I'm getting my New Year's Kiss!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    We are having new years eve at our place.  13 family and friends in a 2 bedroom apartment.  what that is what memories are made of.  we are hoping that we can continue to have new years eve this is a tradition we want to start. 
  • Options
    We have an annual party at our house.  I'm Jewish and instead of fighting to throw a Hanukkah party when everyone is throwing Xmas parties, 3 years ago we decided to start a Happy Jew Year Party.  We have traditional Hanukkah food and a friend of mine makes an awesome cake (last year was a dreidal that stood on its point).  We'lll typically have 20 - 30 people.  Tons of fun!
    Rachel Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards