October 2012 Weddings
Options

Last min panic - Beverages

So, the last big thing I need to figure out is the beverages. I'm planning on using a picnic table on one a porch because I don't want ice to spill indoors. 

My mom is checking prices on liquor in her state, because the liquor stores around here do not give case discounts. They will just charge you bottle price x 12. 

So, on Fri. night we will be serving dinner to approx 16-20 guests, and then Sat. we will be serving approx 35 guests. Most of them are adult-age (over 21), light-to-moderate drinkers. Since this is an afternoon affair, I don't want too much drinking-- but I want enough that we can serve people at both times comfortably, without anyone feeling slighted. 

I was thinking of serving cold drinks, like iced tea lemonade, and cider. I'd like to serve water, but for convienience, I'd probably just fill a cooler with ice and dump a case or two of water in there. 

How many drink options should I have? Would ice-tea, water, and cider be enough? For alcohol, we're serving wine and beer. Since all drinks are in plastic-ware, would it be okay to put a couple sharpies out on the table with a cup labeled something like: "Reduce your waste, mark your cup!" or something? 

Would love any ideas or suggestions... 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
44 image are ready to party!
31 image declines
0 imagecan't find the bleeping mailbox
RSVP Date: Sept 24

Re: Last min panic - Beverages

• Options
    We are having water, and iced tea sweet and unsweet. Wine/beer and champagne toast. We are also doing a lunchtime wedding.
  • Options
    i didn't even think about sweet/unsweet. i would probably just do unsweet because FI's family is very particular about what they like in their iced tea. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
    44 image are ready to party!
    31 image declines
    0 imagecan't find the bleeping mailbox
    RSVP Date: Sept 24
  • Options
    We are having tea (sweet) water and coffee so far. FI's mom is catering and decided to make those, which kind of annoyed me because she knows I don't drink tea. I'll probably end up making a white punch (sprite and frozen white grape juice) so that I have something to drink. We're getting married in a city park so we can't have alcohol.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are having cocktails at our ceremony for 40 people so a similar size to your party! We are providing the cocktails for the ceremony but of course can't bring alcohol to our reception venue as they provide it. 

For the ceremony, I actually ordered cases directly from a few of my favorite vineyards. Not something people usually think of but they DO offer some great case discounts. Give your favorite vineyard a call and see if they'll give you a nice discount. Added bonus: They either overnight or two-day ship all wine so it isn't exposed to temperature changes! So you get it fast!

For the two hour event (before and after the actual ceremony), I'll have about 4 cases on hand and we'll likely have some leftovers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards