October 2012 Weddings
Options

Bridal Shower Hostess gift?????

Hey ladies, I know some of you have had your showers already. I am wondering if you did a hostess gift? And who you gave it to.... My sister is planning the whole shower and splitting the bill with my other bridesmaids and my mother is also paying for a lot of it.. So, question do I get for all of them? or just my sister because she is planning the most of it??  Also, my sister told me that only 2 or my 8 other bridesmaids are really helping her with planning and such. Opinions? TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker 169 Invited image
60 Yes image
16 No image
93 Have me praying for the mailman! image

Re: Bridal Shower Hostess gift?????

• Options
    I haven't had a shower yet, but I think I'll do something small for the hostesses. FI's aunts are all hosting, so I'll get them each a picture frame or bottle of wine or something.

I would say, in your case, to do something small for each maybe a little bigger for your sister?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had my shower and my sister and Mom hosted, im a bad bride bc i didnt get them anything, i am including their thank you in their gifts that they will receive at the rehearsal for my sister/MOH and my mom is getting a parent album after the wedding.
    I gave a speech at the end and thanked them, thats all...oops!
  • Options
    I did something little for each of the bridesmaids & jr bridesmaids.  I put shampoo/conditioner, shower gel, loofah & spray in a little gift bag with a note saying " I hope you have as much fun in your shower as I had at mine!" plus a note of thanks for all they did to make the day special.  For my mom & FMIL I wrote a nice note and gave them gift cards to there favorite restaurants. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • Options

I'm not planning on getting them anything. We spent a good amount on the wedding party gifts that they will get the night of the rehersal, and for us thats our way of thanking them for everything that they have done including throwing the shower/bachlorette parties, etc. We will also include a card for each. I've always been under the impression thats why you give the gifts the night of the rehersal - to thank them for everything that they have done.

• Options
    I'm not sure if I'm going to do anything. To be perfectly honest I had never heard of them before coming to TK, nor did I receive one when I co-hosted my SILs shower but she's also pretty ignorant when it comes to social graces so there's that.

I've spent around $125 per person on all my girls and they're all throwing the shower with my SM who we're getting a coffee table style album as a parent gift.

I will definitely send hand-written thank you notes but if I do gifts they will be small.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_bridal-shower-hostess-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:41d8e158-daa7-4f74-84f4-6a413140591dPost:01e15725-7bb3-407a-b362-a3edbd9daaaf">Re: Bridal Shower Hostess gift?????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did something little for each of the bridesmaids & jr bridesmaids.  I put shampoo/conditioner, shower gel, loofah & spray in a little gift bag with a note saying " I hope you have as much fun in your shower as I had at mine!" plus a note of thanks for all they did to make the day special.  For my mom & FMIL I wrote a nice note and gave them gift cards to there favorite restaurants. 
    Posted by DanaOcNy[/QUOTE]

haha, I love this idea!!!

• Options
    My mom and cousin are hosting and it's a tea party themed shower so I found cute tea cup candles on etsy for them and will also give them some good chocolate. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards