October 2012 Weddings
Options

stupid BABY FEVER!

I've been lurking on the bump all day. Some of the boards seem very nice :...my baby fever has increased with my flu fever!

Not that it has anything to do with the flu..I just really feel its time for us. So we're finally married after 7 years..we bought a home this year and it will be paid for in only 6 years since we sold our land in the country to pay down the mortgage. Both our vehicles are paid for. We do have some work that eventually we would like to do to update the house but I can live with it the way it is now except the bathroom which I was promised as a Christmas gift with some of the money from selling the land. My clock is ticking..I'm passed the age that I wanted to be to have kids but I'm glad that I waited as well. I'm just READY now..I always had the excuse of not being married yet...now I don't have that in the way anymore. I know a lot of people say they want to experience married life before kids but 7 years together and living together for the last 2..being married isn't really any different for us because the commitment was already there. I don't need that alone time...its time for a family.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: stupid BABY FEVER!

• Options
    i feel you on this !!! we have been together for 5 years and living together for 3 1/2 --- i wanted to have kids way before now!!! i thought by this age i would already be done with havin kids ( i am 32) we plan on starting to try in January< thats when my new health insurance will start!!! i just want babies already!!!
  • Options
    It also doesn't help my situation to be around OUR nefew who will be 1 on Christmas..who was an oops and and although I love him and he is a miracle baby we should have been the ones to have the first grandbaby...not the little sister who accidentally got pregnant..so yes it makes me jealous. Grandma and Grandpa are basically raising him....so now it won't even be special to them when we have one. Most of our friends have children...we're the last ones other than hubby's cousin who got married 6 months before us and they actually just went through a tubical pregnancy and she had to have surgery.
  • Options
    We're right there with you. I went off the pill a few weeks ago and all we talk about is babies. we already have (potentially) names picked out that we both love. I've been lurking hardcore on the bump too and I feel like TTC is a big process. Currently we're in "nature's course" mode.
  • Options
    We've quickly decided to start actively trying. I took my patch off 11/18 and am waiting to ovulate now. DH and I have had sex twice now without condoms/birth control. I hope it doesn't take me long! DH is very very nervous so I'm trying to figure out ways to help him out! We need to borrow a baby or something! I know he will do just fine but he tends to doubt himself at times.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_stupid-baby-fever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:43c19e06-1bb5-4d7a-93ce-e204f67b4d9dPost:fa0fdebc-ec74-44e8-8371-391fe8e0373b">Re:stupid BABY FEVER!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've quickly decided to start actively trying. I took my patch off 11/18 and am waiting to ovulate now. DH and I have had sex twice now without condoms/birth control. I hope it doesn't take me long! DH is very very nervous so I'm trying to figure out ways to help him out! We need to borrow a baby or something! I know he will do just fine but he tends to doubt himself at times.
    Posted by mbuckley85[/QUOTE]

DH's best friend had a baby the week before our wedding, so spending time with them is helping calm his fears for sure.
  • Options
    My DH's friend (who was in our wedding) just announced that his GF is pregnant (she had an IUD).  They told us two weeks after the wedding!  I'm sure we will see that baby, but I'm hoping I'm pregnant before that baby is born in May!
  • Options
    same here! Last week, I was in the ER for a bike crash and was more sad to hear that my preg test was negative than I was about being hurt from the crash :(
    Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    I had it really badly a few months before we got married.  now it's settled down a bit because i know that realisticly we can't afford a baby right now (my current contract job is over in february and our house needs renos).

although, i still do get the longing for a baby every so often though
  • Options
    H wants to TTC and I want a year to knock debt off and just be married... I win
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options

I'm not experiencing this at all.  H is starting to though.  His mother has been talking about grandkids since we got engaged, I think she's starting to wear him down.  We'll start trying around our first wedding anniversary.  We have a "baby bucket list" that has to be completed before we start trying.

Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I should add H's daughter has asked his mom and his ex "when is daddy and mom Amanda having a baby?"  A 6 year old is pressuring us!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to Re:stupid BABY FEVER!:[QUOTE]I should add H's daughter has asked his mom and his ex quot;when is daddy and mom Amanda having a baby?quot;nbsp; A 6 year old is pressuring us! Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

Lol that's cute! No one is pressuring us..no one is asking...in FACT my mom said I don't NEED to have a baby yet. We went for pedicures and her elementary school friend was there and asked if we were going to try to have kids soon and my mom's answer was she better not! See 4 years ago when we got engaged she wasn't a grandma...and she wanted us to have one..now my sister has an almost 3 year old and she doesn't care about me being in a hurry to have kids anymore..even though she never gets to see my neice...maybe once a year or less. I guess she doesn't think I'm ready...but I am. We are. Justin is so great with babies..except he's never changed a diaper or anything. He always gives his nefew back when he needs a new diaper. He doesn't listen when I say he needs to practice. He said he's scared of getting it on him lol.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_stupid-baby-fever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:43c19e06-1bb5-4d7a-93ce-e204f67b4d9dPost:31a4e396-cc03-4298-bad3-89134c33a397">Re:stupid BABY FEVER!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:stupid BABY FEVER!: Lol that's cute! No one is pressuring us..no one is asking...in FACT my mom said I don't NEED to have a baby yet. We went for pedicures and her elementary school friend was there and asked if we were going to try to have kids soon and my mom's answer was she better not! See 4 years ago when we got engaged she wasn't a grandma...and she wanted us to have one..now my sister has an almost 3 year old and she doesn't care about me being in a hurry to have kids anymore..even though she never gets to see my neice...maybe once a year or less. I guess she doesn't think I'm ready...but I am. We are. Justin is so great with babies..except he's never changed a diaper or anything. He always gives his nefew back when he needs a new diaper. He doesn't listen when I say he needs to practice. He said he's scared of getting it on him lol.
    Posted by krystlelynn212[/QUOTE]

I'm getting pressure else where too.  My sister is 10 years older, and started having kids at 16, so my Nephew is 20, and my neice will be 17.  Parents want baby grand<strong><em>babies</em></strong>... I just saw my extended family over thanksgiving and everyone asked when we were having babies.  

Oh big southern familes!  My papaw called me the old hag when I was 20 and not married yet... unfornuately he's not around to pester me too. They already have 24 grandbabies and I think we are at 38 great grands... 1 great great grand.
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    julie279julie279 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I definately have it too.  It doesn't help that my cousin just had a baby 2 days ago.  And I honestly think he is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen!

My husband isn't feeling it yet, though, and I was on birth control but am not this month due to switching insurance plans (going onto my husband's plan) and not realizing I didn't have enough for this month.  I just got my new insurance cards and need to make an appointment to see the doctor to get a new prescription for birth control.  I don't really want to go back on it, and my husband would be ok with me getting pregnant now, but I do think he is correct that we should wait a little bit.  We are planning on buying a house next year, and I don't have a job (though I have been looking).  He does make pretty good money and I think financially we'd be ok with having a baby now.  We will both be 34 the beginning of next year (Feb for me and March for him) and while I know that's not that old, I don't want to wait too long because we do want to have a couple kids.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I've always had it, lol
    We were together for 7 years before we got married, lived together for almost two, so there is no point in waiting, we dont want to travel the world etc etc, plus i turned 30 two weeks ago and I dont want to wait any longer especially since I want more than one=)
  • Options
    We already have a 4 year old daughter. She has been asking for a baby brother for a while now. I had my IUD pulled out weeks before our wedding. So we are actively trying. We both can't wait for it to happen.
  • Options
    SENDING you all BABY MAKING MAGIC!!!! SPRINKLE SPRINKLE!!!!! and positive thoughts...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards