October 2012 Weddings

where did everyone go?

did everyone leave this board and TK forever? i checked the nest octboer 2012 wedding board and there are no posts there.

i need stuff to talk about while i'm board at work!

Re: where did everyone go?

• I'm here and feel the same as you do.  I also check on the nest board sometimes but last time I checked, we couldn't post on it yet for some reason.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm here too! Why can't we put new posts up on the Nest Board?

What have you ladies been doing to keep busy lately?
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • I was wondering the same thing.  FB doesn't work on my work computer.  This was my social outlet while I was at work.  I'm not ready to give that up yet!  lol!
    What is everyone's plans for Turkey Day?
    Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I've been swamped at work.  I really want to move to the TN board too.  I wonder if we have to put in a request to open it up?  I'd love to talk NWR stuff now.

Seipel - I'm going to NC to visit my mamaw and my dad's side of the family.  H is suppose to come with us, but it kind of depends on his work.  I'm kind of upset if he doesn't come... but my mamaw is 84 and my last living grandparent, I need to go.  I haven't seen her since last Thanksgiving.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • We are supposed to spend Thanksgiving with H's family, since we spent last year with my family.  H is scheduled to work a 12 hour day 3am-3pm!  Also my aunt was just diagnosed with breast cancer, that has possibly spread.  I would like to spend some time with her since she was unable (understandably) to make it to my wedding.  Family means a lot to her, so I'm sure missing our wedding was really hard for her.

Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I am swamped at work, I also caught some horrible stomach bug over the week-end and am still drained and miserable.

My new IL's invited themselves over for Thanksgiving. I didn't meet them until the day of the wedding (they don't live far, they just weren't interested in meeting me!), and now here they are! We will try to invest and nurture a relationship, and I invited his sister too. We will go over menu this week-end, I seriously cannot even think food right now Frown
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • glad I'm not the only one still lurking!
    Cathy, I miss the QOTD!

I'm in Canada and we had our thanksgiving in October.  I just ate at my mom's house (whre I was living) on the Sunday and the rest of the weekend was spent doing hosue stuff.
  • We are going out to dinner with MIL then on Sunday I think that we are going to my grandma's.
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm here but not much has been posted. I am posting on other boards though. I've also migrated to Proboards a bit (where everyone went after the Edie/Lucy bannation event).

I'm also just getting back into my normal life and not posting as much.
    Anniversary
  • Oh and I send a message to my contact at TK to inquire about opening up our anniversary board.  I will let you guys know what they say.
  • We're going to DH's parent's house with my parents, sister, and grandmother.  Should be interesting, but will be nice to spend our first married holiday together with both sets of parents.  
    Aside from the traditional foods (turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing), anyone have any specialties for the table?
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • I'm here...sort of! lol I try to check in, but there haven't been many posts.

Also, its been crazy busy wrapping up the semester at school and gettin settled into married life.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm here, I'm here! I check in when I can. I never could quite make up my mind as to when I'd be "done" with TK. Guess the answer is "not yet", ha ha.
    Anniversary
  • I check every day but it doesn't seem like people really post outside of professional pictures, which I love seeing!  I am dying for mine to share with you all.

For Thanksgiving, H and I will be in Antigua for our honeymoon :)  We are leaving Saturday morning!  I'm a teacher so I couldn't just take a week after the wedding.  Usually my district gives us off on Wednesday-Friday so I thought I would only need 2 days off, which wouldn't be bad.  They decided to have us work a half day next Wednesday, so I needed to take extra time off which stinks, but we already had plans.  We are just so excited for a week alone!  My mom will make Thanksgiving fo us when we get back.

I hope everyone posts more now or moves to TN.  Keep us posted with what's happening.

Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving to all and if you go Black Friday shopping, please be safe!!
  • I didn't know that there was a board for us over at TN, honestly! I've never been over there, so I'll definitely try and check it out. :) I check this every day, sometimes every other! I feel like I haven't had a whole lot to post about, but I've been replying to a lot of the ones that do get posted, and I've enjoyed seeing pro pics!! I have mine on a disc, I just haven't uploaded them to FB yet! Once I do, I'll share...they're fantastic!!

For Thanksgiving we're travelling to SC to be with H's grandparents. His uncle and cousin will be there too. This will be my first holiday with this side of his family. He goes every year, but this is my first time invited (things are obviously different now that we're married!) It used to be that his dad didn't want to get an extra room, so I didn't get to go. It will probably be his grandfather's last Thanksgiving. They've thought that for a few years, but they really think it this year. Not sure what we'll do, they typically go to a special Thanksgiving buffet at one of the downtown hotels, but I'm not sure if his grandparents will be up for it this year. We shall see!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm pretty sure I read on a different board that they don't open up the anniversary board until around 6 months after our month or something like that. Either way, I'm willing to stick around!!
  • I'm here mostly lurking.  We are settling into married life which is pretty much the same for us except the calling each other husband and wife: )  I recently was offered a new job much closer to my house which will cut my commute from 45 minutes to 5.  So I am psyched about that.  It is a non teaching or classroom job which will be very different for me, but I am excited.  The only thing that sucks is that they are waiting to get my criminal clearance from a company that was damaged in Hurricane Sandy so I don't know when I will start.

As for Thanksgiving- We will be having two, one at H's sisters and one at our house.  I had a practice Thanksgiving tonight with chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn and gravy.  It was SOOOO good.
  • I'm still waiting on our pro pics to come in so I can post them. Our photographer said we'd have them by this Saturday, at the latest. Only 2 more days of waiting! For Thanksgiving, we have 4 different places to go [every year]. Thanksgiving day, we'll make a stop in at my grandma's for lunch, then we'll go to MIL's for dinner and we'll stop in at my aunt's for dessert. Then the Saturday after is my mom's family's Thanksgiving/Christmas. I can't wait til we have a bigger place and can invite people over for the holidays instead of going to 10 million different places in one day!
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • We've been busy.  Closed on our new home at the end of October, moved in the first week of November.  Between work and house stuff, we're exhausted.  I did get my pro pics back, but I'm working on posting them.
  • I"m here and I agree, we need QOTD!
  • I'm still here!  I've been looking at everyone's pics on here.  I love seeing everyone's photos from their big day.  I'm still waiting on mine and also our highlights video... :(  Seeing everyone else's is making me anxious to see mine already.  I can't wait to share with you guys!  

Things are finally back to normal after the craziness of the wedding and HM...no more wedding gifts taking over the house.  We have a townhouse so all the boxes everywhere seemed to make the place really crammed.  I got a couple thank you notes out but we are really slacking on getting those done.  I need to get moving on it...I just didn't want to do anything WR for a while.  I'm also slacking on getting my name changed.  Haha.  I think I'm going to start that tomorrow.    
    Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_where-did-everyone-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:4cc6a8e3-5bbd-449e-a7fb-7d85180ce60dPost:a07854cc-9e60-41b5-be08-1407f7c4cd9f">Re: where did everyone go?</a>:
    <strong>[QUOTE]I'm here but not much has been posted. I am posting on other boards though. I've also migrated to Proboards a bit (where everyone went after the Edie/Lucy bannation event).</strong> I'm also just getting back into my normal life and not posting as much.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

explain please...
  • I'm here too, just been so busy with work and enjoying married life   :)  
    Still waiting for our Pro Pics to come back, supposed to be here within the next week.  I don't get on here much right now, but love seeing everyones pictures they are posting.  Congrats again to everyone!
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • here but for the first time since the crazy has slowed down.

wedding
    honeymoon
    move into hubby's house
    unpack personal
    out of town on weekend
    close the books for oct, i.e. lots of creating reports (accounting for work)
    my work changed locations (office move)
    unpack work stuff
    family visits
    hubby then has an office move (same building though, different location).

between all the paperwork for the name change and address change. THEN all the address changes and contract changes at work.  Needless to say, it's been a crazy 42 days for me.

Here's some of our wedding pics!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have been around, just getting busy with work. Our go-live is next week!!! Ah!!!! Such a crazy year!
    weddingpic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards