October 2012 Weddings
Options

Thanksgiving Day Menus

Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year, or helping out to cook the feast?

Lets share our menus here and get and give ideas and recipes

Here is my Menu in progress.

Hor dourves

Meatballs

Bread bowl dip

Dinner

Turkey

Mashed potatoes (roasted garlic and parmesan)

Mac and cheese

Green beans with garlic

Honeyed carrots

Homemade rolls

Sausage and Apple stuffing

Gravy

Baked beans

Desert  (these are the option we will only choose a couple)

Crème de menthe cake

Pie

Homemade ice cream

Dipped apple bar

Pumpkin cheesecake

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Thanksgiving Day Menus

• Options
    The main dish that I help with is the gravy (gravy master here), but I also help with all the other stuff.  The menu at my parents' house usually looks like this:

Hors d'oeuvres
    Cheese and crackers to hold you over until food is ready (and sneaking olives and rolls)
    Dinner
    Turkey
    Mashed potatoes
    Sweet potatoes
    Swedish sausage
    Salad (sometimes potato, sometimes normal)
    Green beans or asparagus
    Rolls
    Cranberry sauce
    Apple stuffing 
    Black olives
    Gravy

Dessert
    Pumpkin pie
    Cheesecake

There's usually only 9 of us, so it's a pretty small selection, especially dessert.
  • Options
    we are doing dinner at my aunts and his grandmothers.  we live 90 miles so we are off the hook for bringing anything.  my family's thanksgiving is pretty basic...turkey, ham (I eat neither....vegetarian), mashed potatoes, grean beans, corn, stuffing, pumpkin and apple pie.  veggie trays, cheese trays, etc. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am bringing mashed potatoes, cheese and cracker tray, can of cranberry sauce, rolls and chocolate pecan pie. We go to my MOH's house so she will make the turkey, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, salad, cranberry sauce and apple sauce, she will also make another dessert. We are going to do a wine tasting/pairing this year so we will bring the wine too!
  • Options

My cousin and his wife are hosting Thanksgiving at their house this year back in my hometown, but not sure on the whole menu yet.  I am making a dessert to take with us though, Pumpkin Apple Spice Pie.  I received this recipe at my Kitchen-themed Bridal Shower and thought it sounded delicious, so i'm gonna try it out!

62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • Options
    I don't know if we're actually making anything. We're driving to SC to spend it with his grandparents and his dad's side of the family. My understanding is that they hang out around his grandparents house the day before and eat thanksgiving-ish foods, but they go out for a buffet thanksgiving meal on thanksgiving day. I've never been with them, so we shall see!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Ours will just be the two of us, so we're trying to not make TOO much food. So we're not even doing a turkey (Frown) but instead doing a smaller chicken, so we'll have:

Chicken with apple stuffing
    Mashed potatoes
    Roasted brussels sprouts
    Creamed dried corn (a family tradition of mine)
    Cranberry sauce

That may be it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I still don't know what our plans are for Thanksgiving. Usually my family has a big get together...all 40 or so of us. We have turkey and dressing, ham, cranberry sauce, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, broccoli casserole, green beans, some type of peas, rolls, deviled eggs, and a few cakes or pies or cookies or whatever they decide to bring. We do the same stuff for Christmas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year for my mom, my grandmother, my mother-in-law, father-in-law, and sister-in-law...so 7 people total including DH and I.

I'm making (everything is made from scratch):

Italian meat and cheese tray for an appetizer

My grandmother's Italian Wedding Soup
    Turkey & Gravy
    Mashed Potatoes
    Stuffing
    Green Beans Almondine
    Mushrooms with garlic, breadcrumbs, and parmesean cheese
    Vanilla scented carrots
    Cranberry sauce

Apple Pie
    sister-in-law is making something pumpkin

My grandmother is hopefully bringing stuffed artichokes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    CandiceAdamCandiceAdam member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    My mom Hosts thanksgiving but I will be bringing dessert... Lemon Meringue pie, Apple Pie, Chocolate French Silk pie, Pumpkin Pie, and Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie. I was also asked to bring one appetizer so I will make my spinach artichoke dip because my mom and sister love it.
    We will have smoked turkey, gravey, harvest stuffing, mashed potatoes, butternut squash, and some sort of vegetable for the main course.  Laughing
    horiz mini sig
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards