October 2012 Weddings
Options

finishing your registry question

So we are finally getting settled back in after our wonderful honeymoon and this weekend was dedicated to trying to get back our spare room.  I was working on organizing our gifts, putting things away, and donating to Goodwill.  I want to sort out the items that weren't purchased for us, and finish up our registry in the coming weeks, when I realized that there were a bunch of people that didn't get us a present.  I know they aren't required, but I do find it a bit surprising that so many people had not gotten us gifts that attended our wedding.  I looked through and there were probably 15 couples that didn't send a gift or even a card with a nice note.  Ultimately I don't really care, but my question is how long you ladies are going to wait to see if people send gifts late before going and buying the rest yourself. 

Re: finishing your registry question

• Options
    We only had about 3 people/couples that didn't give a gift, and honestly I don't expect to ever see one from them. Technically, guests have a year to give you a gift but I wouldn't expect one.

I would just go about getting the things off your registry that you wanted. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    we had some of those too including people in the wedding party! haha. oh well. we didn't really need much. We're just going to get stuff we want because people aren't required to buy gifts off of the registry anyway
    Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    Oh I was just about to post something about this!  I was actually really surprised too about how many people didn't get anything, let alone even a card.  I know it's not required, but I dunno...I kinda took it personally and it kinda hurt my feelings.  I just find it odd, maybe it's just me...but I don't show up to a wedding empty handed.  Even when I had no job and had no money, I still was able to scrounge up a little something to get the couple a gift, even if it was small and didn't cost that much.  Did I feel like a cheapo?  Sure, but I figured something is better than nothing.  There were people in our WP that didn't get anything either and nobody from FI's immediate family got us anything, not even a card...which was a bit shocking.  

Like achiduck said, I think technically people have up to a year to get a gift but I'm guessing that if people haven't gotten us something by now, they probably won't ever.  Oh well.  We already went and started purchasing some of the stuff off of our registry that we didn't get.  I would suggest you do the same.  I wouldn't wait too long (like a year or something) because some completion discounts expire after a certain time so you want to do it sooner rather than later.  I think BBB, you have 3 months for the completion discount but your registry stays open for 2 years.  Just make sure you let the people at the store know that it's from your registry so it can be updated so another guest doesn't end up buying it.  
    Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I was surprised - we only received cards with gifts. I thought we would have more general cards with prayers and well wishes. We didn't receive many gifts - but what blew me away - every one of our out-of-town guests on my side brought a gift! Fewer gifts, fewer thank you cards lol I was so excited just to share the day. I have pictures and signatures, I'm good! ETA: answering original question: We are already set up as a household. Our items were mostly wishes or replacement items, so we will hang tight and not replace anything on the list for now.
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    I know that gifts are optional, but like you ladies, I was shocked at how many people didn't even give us a card.  We didn't invite that many people; our wedding was about 100 people.  There were 15 couples/families that didn't get us anything, and of those, 13 came to the wedding!  My BMs spent a lot coming to the wedding, so they told me that my gift was my manicure before the wedding.  3 of the four siblings (including mine) didn't get us anything.  But what I found really shocking was most of the couples were our age and several we have gone in together on gifts for other weddings, so I'm really perplexed!  I guess I'll get heading to Macy's and BBB on my long weekend!  Thanks!

• Options
    We had a decent few not get us anything, and a little more than half of the WP didn't, which is fine. We're doing a completion event with BB&B on Dec. 2nd where we get 20% off of the entire purchase in store rather than 20% off one item or the 10% completion offered all of the time. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards