October 2012 Weddings

Inviting my boss

Is it ok for my boss to be the only person I invite from work? We're a two person marketing department and she's the only one I work with enough to feel comfortable inviting. Her husband will also be invited.

Re: Inviting my boss

• Is the other person in that 2 team you?  If so I think that is fine.  If not, and you aren't good friends with your boss outside of work, hence making her more of a friend than coworker, I would probably invite the other person too.  If it's a large company, you don't have to invite everyone at all, and just inviting her would be fine, imo

• snuff9861snuff9861 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I think it's fine. I only invited some of my coworkers and not others. Keep wedding talk at work to a minimum and make sure to mail her invitation to her house.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • I work in a fairly small office of 10 employees total, including myself. I just invited everyone but I also like everyone.

In your case, don't feel you HAVE TO invite your boss just because she's your boss. If you wouldn't invite her to a dinner party I wouldn't invite her to the wedding.
    Anniversary
  • Ok thanks. It's just me and her in the dept with about 70 in the organization. We don't hang out outside of work but I do see her 40 hours a week and we have a good working relationship. I view her more as a peer than a boss.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_inviting-my-boss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:7c0ffb23-d72d-417d-b1c5-5c3861c875bePost:cee12530-a182-434c-a67c-89248fdfbf0b">Re:Inviting my boss</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok thanks. It's just me and her in the dept with about 70 in the organization. We don't hang out outside of work but I do see her 40 hours a week and we have a good working relationship. I view her more as a peer than a boss.
    Posted by marelin87[/QUOTE]
    Then I would probably intive her and send the invitation to her house just to be safe.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_inviting-my-boss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:7c0ffb23-d72d-417d-b1c5-5c3861c875bePost:cee12530-a182-434c-a67c-89248fdfbf0b">Re:Inviting my boss</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok thanks. It's just me and her in the dept with about 70 in the organization. We don't hang out outside of work but I do see her 40 hours a week and we have a good working relationship. I view her more as a peer than a boss.
    Posted by marelin87[/QUOTE]

I think this is fine then. 

• I personally think that is fine. If you work with her the most and that is who you are comfortable with, that is all that matters. :
    weddingpic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards