October 2012 Weddings
Options

WR Nightmares...

I guess this is a pretty common phenomenon among brides. I don't get them often, but I did have one last night and it was pretty weird so I felt like sharing. So, my dream was that it was the wedding day, and even though it was still October, time had somehow gotten switched around so that the wedding was before our engagement photo shoot, which is scheduled for May. Everyone knew about this and came for the wedding, but our photographer apparently was not informed...and didn't show up. So there was a lot of frantic phone-calling and trying to get ahold of him, and me having a big ol' bridezilla freakout about how I couldn't do the wedding if there weren't going to be any pictures. Then FI and I ran off together to get lunch without telling anyone where we were going, until this guy from the Food Network showed up to tell us they found the photographer and we could start the ceremony. Has anyone else had WR dreams? If so, share!
October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image

Re: WR Nightmares...

• Options
    edited March 2012
    As soon as I saw the title of this post I got really excited!! Not because I want you to have nightmares, but b/c I've had a couple myself and feel like a crazy person.

Just two nights ago I had a dream about my dress. It was too big, frumpy and ugly and I looked terrible. Also, my Dad decided we should have the wedding in this field at the front of their neighborhood and there wasn't enough parking so everyone couldn't come.

Totally invalid fears. I already have my dress finished and we have a venue with plenty of parking. I don't know where this comes from, but I'm glad I'm not alone.
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I dreamed last night that the bridesmaids decided to do this weird dance during the ceremony, but they didn't tell my sisters (who are also bridesmaids) so they didn't know what to do!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have had two where the wedding is now instead of later and things aren't ready!
  • Options
    I've had probably a dozen in the 15 months we've been engaged.  They're usually just that I'm not ready, or no one else is ready or I forgot something major.  The last time someone made a post about wedding nightmares, 2 days later I dreamt it was the night before the wedding and I realized I forgot to get my dress altered (it needs hemmed because I'm only 5'2) and I was scrambling to find someone who could do it in a few hours.  It has a lace trim so I was pretty upset haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • Options
    had26had26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I think I"ve had way too many to count!  My favorite was the last one I had a few months ago.  I never picked up my dress, people were completely wasted, falling down drunk when they arrived and then A LOT of guests showed up who said they were not coming. The venue was not ready, colors were in a rainbow....  I woke up sweating after that one for sure!!
  • Options
    I had one in which my dad lost my fiance. He then tried to replace him with my high school boyfriend. I was not pleased because I *really* didn't want to marry him!  It was such a relief when I woke up.  My FI thought it was hilarious.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm having them like crazy as well.

I have In-Law issues and I have these nightmares that they are ruining the day and whatnot.  I also have the nightmare where I have to do my own hair and its a disaster.

I'm afraid that they will become more frequent and worse as the date gets closer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My most frequent "dream" / fear is that I end up pregnant and can't fit into my satin/lace dress that I am in love with... it totally sucks and I actually woke up crying one morning.
    458 Invited image
    300 Yes image
    78 No image
    80 Are making my stalk mailbox image
  • Options
    I've only had one. It was the day of the wedding, but instead of it being at my wedding venue, it was at my Mom and Dad's house in the backyard. Which was a nightmare because everyone was arrving before I could finish getting everything ready. I didn't have my hair, makeup or anything done and no matter how long I tried I just couldn't finish getting ready.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've been having them quite frequently about all sorts of things.  A few months ago I had to go to my venue for a 9 month meeting thing and a few nights before I had a dream that the place burned down and I ended up having my reception at the Knights of Columbus.  The only food choices were cheese or meat lasagna.  The DJ was AWFUL.  He was this 16 year old kid with a blowout (quite common in this area for the djs to look exactly like Pauly D) and the music was so bad that no one would dance.

I had another one a few weeks ago that it was time to start the ceremony and my hair and makeup weren't done and I couldnt find anyone to help me do it.  Then this guy appeared out of nowhere and did it but we started an hour late and lost that time at the reception.

A few nights ago FI tapped me on the back to wake me up and said "Hey!" in a panic and I asked him what was wrong and why he woke me up.  He told me "I don't know what you are talking about.  I didn't wake you up".  Turns out he had a dream that he forgot to take one of the groomsman to the tuxedo place and he showed up in a bright red tuxedo.  So he woke me up to tell me not to let him forget to take Dave to the tux place.  I couldn't stop laughing. 
    photo a30c432e-0cf0-41d0-b1f3-bf4836bea2fc_zps89190598.jpg
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_wr-nightmares?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:80d341e4-01fb-408f-8a10-b4b2f15a345dPost:2f595b15-25bb-4caf-bf29-78b0bb1cb08f">Re: WR Nightmares...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My most frequent "dream" / fear is that I end up pregnant and can't fit into my satin/lace dress that I am in love with... it totally sucks and I actually woke up crying one morning.
    Posted by AllieHysh19[/QUOTE]

Haha I had a dream where I found out I was pregnant too and I was devastated because that meant I couldn't have a glass of champagne at the wedding.  I'm not even a big drinker but the thought of not being able to have a few after spending all the money on the bar had me in tears in my dream.  I woke up thinking that can't say anything good about me and my priorities haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • Options
    I think I started having them after someone posted about having them...like that night.
    This one stands out though.

After the ceremony someone made us go somewhere. I can't really remember why. But we had to put on regular clothes and went to see something or watch something in another area of our venue. By the time we got ready again and went in, the reception was over. Our DJ had only been scheduled till 7 but decided to do stand up to help entertain everyone while we were gone. The coordinator came out and told us it was over and that we had gone over our time so we would owed more money. I remember telling myself in the dream "It  will be okay. Don't get upset. We can re take pictures another day."

Weird.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I keep having ones that have to do with food.  One was where the chef came out and said he prepared the wrong dishes and he couldn't fix it.  So all the pretty menus I typed up myself listed the wrong food.  Another one was I had the owner of the venue come up to us at the wedding asking us what kind of cake we wanted because they had to run out for the supplies and they were going to use a cake mix from the box.

I am so NOT a foodie and I'm really picky.  I find it odd these are  my dreams because I'm not even eating anything that we chose for the menu haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had a dream last week that the wedding was happening now and I didn't have stuff ready. The biggest issues were that I hadn't had time to lose any weight or have my dress altered.
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • Options
    I have sooo many of these!  Ahhh...I'm afraid I'm gonna get an ulcer from all the stress.  The latest one I had got me the most upset that I almost woke up crying in real life (I was crying in my dream).  Of course, everything was going wrong the day of....nothing was like how I wanted.  I got to the venue and the flowers and decor were completely the wrong color and they looked like shiit...and right before I walked down the aisle, I looked out into the crowd and NO ONE showed up other than me, FI, bridal party, parents, and officiant, even though everyone had RSVPed.  The place was so empty.  I was SO PISSED and upset that I had paid for all those people and no one showed up that I had started my hysterical, ugly cry as I was walking down the aisle towards my FI...

I am so afraid about getting back RSVPs....people better show up!!  LOL.
    Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
  • Options
    I've had three since we got engaged (a year last december).  I don't typically remember my dreams, only that I've had them, but what I do remember from one involves the ceremony happening right after church, having my dress, but having no shoes and having to wear some that i already had and worrying because the only pair I had near by were black and that wasn't ok for my wedding.  The latest, I vaguely remember something about not getting ready until hour and a half till ceremony, not having hairstyle picked, and pulling on my shoes as I was starting walk down the aisle whilst freaking out at how I had wanted to be graceful and wasn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards