October 2012 Weddings
Options

if you're NOT a 'David's' bride..

Where did you/are you planning to purchase your bridal undergarments?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: if you're NOT a 'David's' bride..

• Options
    that's a good question...i'm not a David's bride but I was planning to get my undergarments there...do they rack up their prices or frown upon it if you didn't buy your dress there?

my other choices were dillards and victorias secret...unless there are better options
    Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    I don't think I'm going to be purchasing undergarnments. I already own Spanx, and I think I am either going to have cups added in, or wear my strapless bra. I also already own "cutlets" just in case. I've had those since high school....but that's what happens when you're an AA cup size.  :)

Is there anything I am missing in terms of undergarnments?
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm not purchasing undergarments either, i am having cups sewn into my dress so i wont need a bra...maybe just underwear from VS in white since everything i own now is from their PINK line and has dots and stripes all over it...
  • Options
    I am probably just getting a strapless bra or having cups sewn in.  I am not having a petticoat or whatever they are called to poof out the skirt.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

The local shop I went to has undergarments, but I may just have cups sewn into the dress.  The skirt is so full I don't need to wear spanx (wooooo!) and can wear whatever undies I want.  That was a huge selling point for me haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • Options
    My seamtress sewed cups into mine so I don't need a bra. Will prob just wear VS underwear.
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm just doing Kohl's or JC Penney. They have a pretty big selection of stuff. I got my crinoline at David's though.
  • Options
    Also having cups sewn in. I am looking at eberjey and jonquil in bloom for wedding night.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Options
    I'm not a Davids bride but I just bought my crinoline from them earlier this week.  I paid the sticker price, so no mark up.  I have a strapless bra from Dilliards that I am using and I will probably just wear a pair of comfy panties that I already own.  I plan on changing into something a little more "special" after the wedding since a beige strapless bra and poofy crinoline aren't the sexiest things in the world. :)
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am just having cups sewn into my dress, getting my petticoat off of the internet, since i know which one i need, and just wearing a pair of panties, no need for anything more, that i will have fuss with that day!!  :)
    Best Wishes, Melissa Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies....I've been trying to figure out the bra thing as I HATE the way strapless ones fit. I feel like they squash what I have! Plus my dress is corset back so I definately don't need one of the full body ones like davids tries to sell. I was considering purchasing the crinoline slip from there though because I have no idea who else may sell them..
  • Options
    Oh, and I got my crinoline from Goodwill lol. I got it for $4.00. It's a David's Bridal crinoline and was probably only worn once. They had it in the Halloween costume section.
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Um David's doesn't have my size, so even if I wanted to...

Usually Lane Bryant has my size.  Otherwise I'm on an internet search!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    I'm in canada so i don't know if i will be much help but i bought a strapless nude bra feom la senza and this:
    Vanity Fair® Firm Control Waist-cincher Brief
    from sears. It is vanity fair and it takes away 3 inches of my post baby belly and 1 inch off my waist! I can't wear full bodied undergarments because the cups are never big enough, otherwise i probably would have went with one.
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I'm not sure yet.  I'd like a long strapless bra/corset type thing for under the dress so I can take some pics in them before I put the dress on.  I liked what I wore when I tried on my dress at Kleinfelds but I'm sure it'll cost a fortune.

• Options
    I will not be wearing a bra under my dress but will probably get some nice panties and spanx so that my legs don't rub together with it being hot under my dress.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I appreciate this post, because undergarments is something I have thought about a little bit but I honestly have no clue what I am supposed to get, lol. I don't think I need a bra because surprisingly my dress is really supportive, which is nice. but I do think I want something to pull my tummy in just a bit, it'll make me feel more secure. I might check out that vanity fair thing... I bought some spanks at target but they were too big I think to really do anything, but I hadn't thought that having something on your legs because of rubbing... sooo, one more thing to think about I guess, lol.
  • Options
    I got a pair of lace panties at a lingerie store and am getting cups sewen into my dress. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    probably kohls... when I have a 30% off coupon
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    I have a big chest (40 dd) so I doubt i can get cups sewn in to provide enough support. I am actually gonna let my seamstress lead me in the right direction on the undergarments
    Photobucket invite1
  • Options
    I'm going to use spanx and a strapless bra. I don't want my legs to rub together since it will get hot under the dress.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards