October 2012 Weddings
Options

**fishinflagirl**

I didn't want to hijack the shoe bedazzling thread. 

I had a Chevy Cobolt until I totalled it in the snow.  I wanted a equinox but the saleman wasn't going to find me want i wanted and I ended up with a Jeep Compass (which I LOVE!).

Both of our dad are big Chevy guys.  My dad has 2 silverados haha.  FI's dad passed away, and the hat reminds him of his dad, that's why he wears.  But the Cruze is AMAZING and will be a great commuter car.  I'm sure I'll steal it once in a while to drive...  but we have to get the house etc out of the way before a big purchase like that.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my 2012 shelf:
Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)

Re: **fishinflagirl**

• Options
    Awww thats nice that he wears the hat for his dad.

I bought a Chevy Tahoe about a month ago and the next day gas prices jumped 30 cents. I was sooo upset. FI drives a Silverado. So, we might end up buying a car.

We also need a house.Our rent is up June 30th, so hopefully before then! Your smart in waiting to get a house first. Luckily FIs truck is paid off soon, so hopefully our debt to income will still be okay to get a house...guess I should have thought about that. LOL
    Good luck to you both in finding a house! 
  • Options

No searching for us, we are building a house.  It's almost done, and we're suppose to settle 26 May!  After some painting, we should be moving in 1 June. 

After all that, and FI gets his debt off him, we'll start looking into a Cruze.  Right now his Ranger gets 14 MPG so anything will be an improvement.  I calculated with his commute when he goes back to school, the savings of the Cruze MPG will pay for itself.... crazy!

my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    Oh wow, congrats! Thats awesome. I would LOVE to build a house. You get everything you want...kitchen, bathroom, colors, decor, flooring. Fresh new start! Im jelly!  I cant wait to hear all about it and see PICS! Im so happy for you. I bet you are getting so anxious!

My Tahoe gets almost the same...sometimes a little lower. Im sure the Cruze will be a HUGE improvement no matter what. Plus, who doesnt like a new vechicle.
  • Options
    SOO anxious!  I just bought the w/d and refrigerator this weekend.  We got a lot of what we wanted, things that would be expensive to change later.  It's a fresh start and I can't wait. 

Good luck on your house search as well! 

Oh the tahoe gets that low MPG too!?  crazy.  Ranger sucks because it has a vapor leak, my FI (a mechanic) doesn't want to fix it.  This will be FI's first new car and he deserves it!
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    Im soooo jealous. I would love to build a house. I forgot about all the appliances, you can get them all to match then. Soo nice. Def have to put some pics up when you get it.
    I cant wait to start looking.

Yea, unfortunately the Tahoe gets like 13-14 on a good day, but usually less. Still love it though, its something I always wanted.

My FI is a mechanic to! He works at Mercedes. What about yours?
  • Options
    Yup all our appliances will match!  We did the kitchen in black applicances and I can't wait to see it come together.  I would have pics if FI remembered to take pics today... but that's another story.

FI is a diesel mechanic for the Army.  Well for now.  He's getting out in Nov to settle down with me in this area.  After 9 years of Active Duty he's burned out.  He's going back to college with the GI bill to get his degree in Mechanical Engr.  Maybe come and work on the civilian side of the army like I do.
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    Oh wow, you are in the Army as well. Good for the both of you. I wish I had the courage.
    FI's job sounds awesome, and then to go into Engineering. That is great!

I love all black appliances, or stainless...but black you cant ever see if its dirty, and I think its more of a clean look. Stainless you can see scratches, dents, and if you dont clean it every 5 minutes. At least I can have my dream of building a house vicariously through you. lol

BTW, I LOVE your ring. It is just absolutely amazing, and stunning!
  • Options
    Oh NO, I'm not military.  I work FOR the army, but I'm just a civilian.  Having one person in Military is hard enough, let me tell you.  I'm kind of glad he's getting out.

The Stainless would be like 300 dollars more for EVERY appliance so I figured black would be easier to keep clean like you said and cheaper.  Hopefully FI gets pics today so you can see.  No appliances yet, but I think my countertop should be in.  It's black with brown specks... and oak cabinets.
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    Oh! I had no clue you could actually do that. Neat! I could never imagine having someone in the military. I hate being away from my FI for one night. I had training in Wisconsin for 3 weeks (1 week there, 1 week back...so on) and it was the hardest thing.

OMG, kitchens and master bathrooms are my favorites. I love kitchens especially, and so far yours sounds gorgeous! The color combination sounds just perfect. Cant wait to see. Hurry FI, hurry!!
  • Options
    Haha i didn't know civilians work for the army either until I told my friend's dad I was getting my degree is Math/Statistics (yes I'm a nerd).  Here he's one of the highest ranking Civilians in my organization... He took my resume and here I am. I met my FI on post here at the gym so it all worked out.

I won't have pics until next week... long story, but I won't have my camera for a while.  Mom is going to let me borrow hers until it's returned.  BLA! 
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options

Oh, I dont think you are a nerd...thats why I wanted to go into engineering, I LOVE math...algebra, statistics, and calc are my favs. Thats so awesome. What are you doing for work? If I may ask...

Alright, I will wait. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards