October 2012 Weddings
Options

Pissed.

On the website, I put the name of the hotel I had a block in, the rate, the code, and the DATE that the rooms were being held until.

Neither my parents or Fi's parents called the stupid hotel before that date. The hotel is booked and I'm PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED at our parents. Seriously. My mom says: "i didn't even check the website." Really? Seriously?  Thankfully there's another hotel, but I'm ANNOYED. I picked the one with a pool because I wanted to let the kids go swimming. 

Matt's parents at least booked a hotel so far, but we're trying to figure out WHEN they called the other hotel and were told they couldn't make a reservation. I have to call the hotel tomorrow to get this sorted out, but its a mess.

We also had an RSVP change. FI talked to one of the uncles who said FRIDAY he wasn't coming. Apparently his girlfriend wants to come, so now they are coming. Thankfully, I hadn't sent off my final email to the caterer yet. Oyyy!!! With all the hassle we are getting from our guests (on FI's side) you think they were PAYING!!! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
44 image are ready to party!
31 image declines
0 imagecan't find the bleeping mailbox
RSVP Date: Sept 24

Re: Pissed.

• Options
    I had hotel information in the invitation and still had a few people tell me they know it said 5 Sept, but they forgot to book a room.  Then they wanted me to find one for them.  I'm sorry I already did the research and planning, you missed out now it's your turn.  There's also a dog show in the area, so they booked a lot of rooms, and jacked the prices up... and yes, I was pissed too, but at least yours found another hotel.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    What is wrong with people?!  The bride already did the research and gave it out.  There's a deadline people and your ignoring that is NOT MY PROBLEM.  GAH, I'm sorry your parents were irresponsible with hotels. 

Thankfully my parents were on top of things and made reservations for themselves and my siblings. 
  • Options
    The cheap hotel in our town is booked completely - the town next to us is booked completely - if the Holiday Inn is booked before the guests make their reservations, they would have to get a hotel probably about 45 min away!!! SERIOUSLY FLIPPING OUT and hoping our guests were more responsible than our parents. 

The Holiday Inn only has FOUR rooms available. Let's hope my dad makes the phone call this morning! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
    44 image are ready to party!
    31 image declines
    0 imagecan't find the bleeping mailbox
    RSVP Date: Sept 24
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards