October 2012 Weddings
Options

profesional pics - dissapointed - PIP

So, here are some the the pics I really hate. 

these are three examples of my smile being all gums.  i can't even look at them, I hate my smile so much

my veil all bunched up to one side

the priest ruining our first kiss

my "serious" look where I look pissed off.  also...my too dark makeup

me looking like I was about to hurl when my parents kissed me :(

buuuuut, here's one of my favs. mainly because you can't see my smile

I'm just so upset.  I hate the way I look in all of them. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: profesional pics - dissapointed - PIP

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I am going to give you my honest opinions. ready?

First, i'm jealous of your eye color and hair color. I think that you are gorgeous. You are even prettier when you are smiling (gums and all). I think that you can see a person's true smile in their EYES anyway.
    With that said, my favorite photo is the second one. The two of you look sooo in-love! Your eyes are twinkling! I love your eyes! I'm not sure how you wear your make-up on a daily basis but your wedding day makeup really brings out your eye color!
    I loooove the parents' photo! It looks like you didn't see their kisses coming. It looks natural. If my parents did that, I would've made a face 10-times worse. ha!
    The veil photo: even if your veil was straight, would you have put the photo in a frame? It looks like you have a ton more pictures that are frame-worthy anyway. Don't worry about the veil photo.

Sorry about the priest in your kiss picture. You can crop him out because your kiss looks hot! I highly recommend doing a photo shoot with just you and your husband. We did a day-after session and so happy we did. Thanks for posting your pictures! Take care!
    Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_profesional-pics-dissapointed-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:8785c080-0812-41b9-8be2-d768eaa39a2aPost:5eefd2de-e816-49ba-9833-23e9932b58cd">profesional pics - dissapointed - PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, here are some the the pics I really hate.  these are three examples of my smile being all gums.  i can't even look at them, I hate my smile so much my veil all bunched up to one side the priest ruining our first kiss my "serious" look where I look pissed off.  also...my too dark makeup me looking like I was about to hurl when my parents kissed me :( buuuuut, here's one of my favs. mainly because you can't see my smile I'm just so upset.  I hate the way I look in all of them. 
    Posted by aro1589[/QUOTE]

You really do look beautiful and happy. I am so VERY VERY critical of my own photos so I understand but take a step back and try not to judge. And even if a photo was "ruined" which I don't think it was the moment was not ruined you will always have that. :)

P.S. I would have never noticed the veil had you not said something.
  • Options
    I agree with the other ladies! I love the second picture you posted and I really love the one of him picking you up. They really are great! And all the colors are amazing. 

And totally crop the priest out! It can be a beautiful close-up shot of the two of you!
  • Options
    I think that the photo you love is amazing and I think the photo of you parents kissing you is cute. It reminds me of if you were a little kid and the funny face you would make. If you did not tell people that you wanted a serious pic they would probably assume that you planned it to be a silly pic. I agree with all of the other ladies, crop out the priest and that would be a great photo.
    horiz mini sig
  • Options
    I completely agree with the others! I would frame that second one in a heartbeat! Now on others - The priest is there - but even then he is so clearly not where your eyes go. I would never notice the veil. I think it is a sweet awkward picture with your parents - I will however, give you the one. That serious does look kind of angry! Outside of that, I honestly think you are very fortunate to have such natural beauty, and to have pictures where everyone can see that. Regardless, you may have to step away and rethink how you view your self (and your smile) before you see them the way that we do. I hope you change your mind! Most of us have things we are not as fond of in our appearance, that's human. It's so okay to accept and love those parts of us, too! Enjoy your pictures, they are beautiful reminders of an amazing event
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm going to agree with the other girls, but I will say I understand what you're feeling.  I always have dark circles and bags under my eyes.  It doesn't matter how much I sleep I just always have them.  If I can see them in a picture I hate it.  Other people will tell me they love the picture and I always think, "What are you talking about it looks like I was punched in the face?!"
    For what it's worth I think you look beautiful in these pictures.  When you posted before about your gums showing I thought it was going to be much worse.  Honestly, I don't think I would have noticed had you not said anything.
    Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I agree with all the others.  I think the love you have and the excitement is in your eyes, The parents kiss looks natural and is really cute, and you can crop out the priest. One one my kiss photos has the other photographer crouching on the ground in front of us.  We laughed and clicked to the next picture.

We're all going to find things that we don't like in pictures.  We're mean to ourselves that way.  I make the weirdest facial expressions, so in the candids I look like I'm drunk because my eyes are half closed, screaming (I think I have a very animated laugh), and or very confused/ in pain, all of this with my jaw pushed back causing me to gain and extra 5 chins.  Or the one where I'm dancing but it looks like I'm having sex with the air with children gathered around to watch.  I'll see about editing some, but there are others that I don't look so deranged.  We definitely won't print them all. 

I have to try to remind myself to not spend hours analysing each photo and how my arms/ face/ eyebrows/chin/whatever look, but rather try to remember what you were feeling at that moment, what was going on around you, what were you thinking about.  I look at the pictures where I have weird faces and remember the funny BM speech, or the picture that I look like I just found a dead body how I was actually freezing and H was trying to keep me warm.  Will I frame those?  No, but I can appreciate looking at them on the flashdrive and remember what the heck made me make that face. 
  • Options
    I think the majority of your pictures are gorgeous! I would have to say you arent so good with the serious face, but neither was I. I hate all of mine. The first few pictures are gorgous...you look amazing...like another said "gums and all". I hardly notice them! Congrats. You look great!!!
    weddingpic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards