October 2012 Weddings

Combined bridal shower/bachelorette party?

Is anyone considering doing a combined party? I don't want to do the whole awkward "sit around and watch the bride open things and then play corny games no one really likes" typical bridal shower. I'm way too active and fun of a person for that. I also don't want a "go out and get smashed" bachelorette party.

My SIL (who is my MOH) and I had a girls night out tonight because I had a massive wedding meltdown due to three bridesmaids backing out in a 24 hour period. While we were out, one of the things we discussed was what I wanted to do for a bachelorette party, and she proposed the idea of combining it with the bridal shower and just having a big old fun party a few weeks before the wedding.

Right now the tentative plan is some variety of laser tag/arcade place. There are quite a number of them around Dayton and Cincinnati (where most of the guests would be coming from). Some are just laser tag, some have an arcade, some have additional things like inflatables, bumper cars, etc. My SIL is calling tomorrow to see what kind of packages and pricing things would be. We're aiming for under $15 per person, including food and fun. The guest list for the party right now stands at 22 people, which is the women from the wedding guest list that I'm closest to.

Is anyone else doing something like this? Not just the alternate idea for location, but combining them?
Photobucket
Anniversary
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Combined bridal shower/bachelorette party?

• coupon code:bridal5203 
    10% Off for for all wedding dress purchase on this site. Come to choose what you like.It's amazing!
  • I am actually doing a "shower-ette" as we've coined it.  I told my sister that I didn't want a traditional shower b/c we don't want the extra presents and stuff.  My sister and best friend have been planning my "shower-ette" and it is now a lingerie themed party and we'll go out downtown afterwards.
    Rachel Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shower-ette, that's cute : )

Are all the people you are inviting able to do active things like this? Are the guests going to find this appropriate? Like, are you taking your grandma to laser tag? Lol. That is my only thing.

O, andplusalso... can I pleeeeeease come : D heehee.
  • I combined, we went to Yogurt Mountain for the shower and then the ladies who wanted to (so not fmil), went to see Magic Mike :)
  • I'm not doing that but I think it's an awesome idea, have fun!
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am not doing it, but We did debate doing it! It sounds like a ton of fun, I just agree with the PP to make sure all of the guests are able to do all of the fun things. Also, don't be alarmed if someone offers you a shower for a different part of the family still.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are KINDA doing this. 
    This could get long, so indulge me.

Doing the bridal shower and because a good number of my aunts and family friends will be there that I would love to go out with, we are going to do a "mini-bachelorette" as my sister (MOH) is calling it.
    I have a couple of aunts who are actually very close to my age and would love for them to come to my bachelorette party, but because I dont want to single out a few of them, I'm not inviting any of them.

This is a great way for me to be able to go out and celebrate with them...and my mom, but keep it less penises and strippers (even though I hope I don't have either at my bachelorette party) and moer just mild sex jokes and too much alcohol.

good luck!!
    my_wedding_original Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards