October 2012 Weddings
Options

I Just Keep Thinking About...

Our Honeymoon! 

Can we please just fast forward to the day of the wedding so I can be literally hours away from our tropical get-a-way?

Have any of you been to Riviera Maya or are you going there? Any suggestions/cautions about excursions?
543348_480773691944678_1919010228_n

Re: I Just Keep Thinking About...

• Options
    I'm going there! I'll be in Puertos Morelos. I've never been, but hear that everyone who has been LOVES it. I can't wait!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am so ready for both of our trips. We leave next Saturday and can't wait for 4 days of hanging by the pool before the wedding and then a week in Antigua. I haven't been to Riviera Maya but FI have and he loved the trip to the ruins.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Me too! It will feel like a reward for all the s.h.i.t.  we went through.
  • Options
    I went to Riviera Maya last summer with FI.  We stayed in Puerto Morelos.  One day we did an excursion that was a combination tour.  An air conditioned van picked us up at the hotel and took us to this kind of bus depot place.  Then we went to the Tulum ruins.  It was soooooo hot that day (end of July).  It was really cool.  You could also go down to the water if you wanted.  FI and I went had some shots beers at the little roadside bar thing.  Then we got back on the bus and it took us to Xel-Ha.  This place was really cool.  You could swim with the dolphins, just float down the river.  We got the snorkel stuff and just floated down the river.  We jumped off a cliff and I think there were rope swings too.  This place could entertain you all day.  Another night we did a sunset catamaran cruise that ended with dinner on the beach.  Van picked us up at the hotel and dropped us off at another resort where we got on the catamaran. You went up the coast and then back down.  They took pics of you on the catamarn.  Then each couple got their own table on the beach and it was an app, soup and your entree.  I can't remember if there was dessert.  This was the best meal I had all week.

I booked my excursions through this website.  they are cheaper than booking through the hotel.  We didn't have any problems:

photo a30c432e-0cf0-41d0-b1f3-bf4836bea2fc_zps89190598.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards