October 2012 Weddings
Options

QOTD 9/27

Are you having speeches at the wedding?  Who is doing them?  Are you and FI doing one?

Edit because I can spell today.
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: QOTD 9/27

• Options
    We are having them but we've asked everyone to keep it short and clean.

1) BM
    2) MsOH joint speech
    3) FI's Mom 
    4) My Dad
    5) Us - very quick ie. "We love you all, thanks for coming, party on."
    Anniversary
  • Options
    At the reception: MOH and BM

At the rehearsal: I think Fi is going to say something and then anyone else who might want to.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 13, 2012
  • Options
    Yep!
    My dad
    My sisters
    FI
    Maybe one of FI's GM? I don't know if he's asked anyone
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think my two MOHs are giving a speech, and maybe BM... idk if FI even asked, he said he did
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    Yeah, probably.  I think it will just be my mom, the MOH/BM and we will probably make a quick one.
  • Options
    My dad is doing a welcome and thanks for coming speech before dinner. BM and MOH after dinner. My MOH has been my best friend for 15 years AND SIL for 4 years, I'm really excited to hear her speech!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just MOH and Best Man...FI and I might say a few quick words, still undecided about that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We haven't asked anyone or planned anything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    FI and I will speak at the RD. My dad MAY speak at either, but he didn't at my sister's, so I don't think he'll want to. Who knows. There's more booze at mine, so maybe. ;)

Otherwise, each MOH and best man (two of each!) will speak at the reception, and that ought to be it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Best Man
    Matron of Honour
    then US just before Dessert
    that's it
  • Options
    My dad is doing a prayer before dinner, Matron of Honor and Best Man are doing one after dinner (my Maid of Honor may be added in there) and we may say a quick thank you somewhere in there.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Dads, BM, and co-MOHs are giving speeches.  The co-MOHs (my sisters) are giving a joint speech.  I think that's the one I'm most excited for.  I'm hoping that FI's dad is much more brief at our wedding that he was at FBIL's wedding where he went on and on and on for 15 minutes. FI and I will probably say a quick thanks for coming.
  • Options

Just the best man and matron of honor. FI and I will at the rehearsal.

Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I don't know who alwill be giving speeches but I do know at least my mom plans to give a speech. its going to be more is an open mic for speeches since its a small wedding
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I know my matron of honur has her speech already written. My brother may choose to do one. We are saying a quick thank you before the party breaks out. I don't know if anyone else is planning to say anything or even wants to. Guess we will find out haha.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    Nope. The only people speaking will be preacher-dude and FI and I repeating the vows :)
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    Dad is doing a prayer, MOH who is my sister is giving a speech and the best man too I think. Then FI and I will do a quick "thanks for coming" speech. My sister is 22 but doesn't quite have the tact and maturity that I think she should and I have to admit I'm a bit terrified of what she's going to end up saying. She's written the speech like 6 times. I know she really wants it to be perfect and she's taking it very seriously, but that doesn't calm my nerves any.
  • Options
    Nope. MOH and BM are both very shy so we never planned to ask them to do one. FI and I may do a quick thank you but that's it.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think we're having my dad give a very brief welcome, then toasts by the MOH and BM. We will give a short thank you speech at some point.

Yesterday I saw someone post about having dad give his speech right before the father/daughter dance, so it's a nice segue. I like that, but I like the idea of the welcome speech, too! :)
  • Options
    Fiance and I will probably say something at the rehearsal dinner.  At the reception definitely the MOH and the Best Man, probably either me or FI giving a quick thanks and not sure if any of the parents will want to say anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure my father will give a quick 'thanks for coming' type of speech, we don't have a wedding party so that'll be it. Short and sweet..
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards