October 2012 Weddings

Vows 2nd Draft- Opinions welcome!

Thank you to everyone who gave opinions on my first draft. I've edited it a bit based on the feedback I got. What do you think?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin, you are my best friend, my biggest advocate and most importantly the love of my life. Like a true soul mate, you bring out the very best in me. I love you with every ounce of my being.

Kevin, I appreciate your strength, big heart and selfless generosity. 

I am so excited to be standing here, so close to officially becoming your wife.   To quote When Harry Met Sally “I came here tonight, because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of the life to start as soon as possible."

I’m ready to start the rest of my life with you.  And so today, as I become your wife, I promise many things.

I vow to always keep a bottle of barbeque sauce in the house.

I promise to watch your chick flicks with you like It’s Complicated, The Devil Wears Prada and any movie with Meryl Streep in it for the hundredth time.

I promise to make you laugh at least once a day and to never stop being silly.

Lover, I vow to have patience, to never give up on us, even when times are tough. 

I promise to always appreciate the sacrifices you’ve made for the sake of our relationship and the ones we will make together for our relationship and each other.

I vow to be faithful, forgiving and kind.

I promise to support you, to be your equal partner and your shelter for the rest of our lives.

Kevin, but most of all, I promise to unconditionally love you with my whole heart for the rest of my life.

Re: Vows 2nd Draft- Opinions welcome!

• I would take Kevin. It seems too much to say his name two lines in a row. I'd also take out "lover". I would feel awkward as a guest hearing that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think you should take out your first mention of "for the rest of our lives", you really only need it in there once.  Definitely remove the "lover", that would be very awkward for your guests.  

I also continue to stand by my previous comments about many things that I wrote on your last post. 
  • Honestly, these are fantastic but incredibly too long. Even is you don't get choked up it will easily be four or five minutes or more. Way too long. Maybe use some if you are doing a speech at the reception, or in his morning of card, or in private during a first look. What you've written from the heart is wonderful. Truly touching and well written. It is simply too long.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_vows-2nd-draft-opinions-welcome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:add0d410-0b13-4487-8caa-86d12c19d645Post:29b35c1e-3ace-44c9-ab92-a738678f5d7f">Re: Vows 2nd Draft- Opinions welcome!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, these are fantastic but incredibly too long. Even is you don't get choked up <strong>it will easily be four or five minutes or more</strong>. Way too long. Maybe use some if you are doing a speech at the reception, or in his morning of card, or in private during a first look. What you've written from the heart is wonderful. Truly touching and well written. It is simply too long.
    Posted by jlk13[/QUOTE]

I definitely need to still cut it down a bit but I timed it talking slowly and it took 1 1/2 minutes. More likely than not I'll be talking even faster the day of so I think as written it'll take 1 1/4 minutes.  I'd like to cut it more though. Thanks for the comments!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_vows-2nd-draft-opinions-welcome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:add0d410-0b13-4487-8caa-86d12c19d645Post:ad2b7383-1575-4843-a0b1-127f184ce6e2">Re: Vows 2nd Draft- Opinions welcome!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would take Kevin. It seems too much to say his name two lines in a row. I'd also take out "lover". I would feel awkward as a guest hearing that.
    Posted by BrittneyRN[/QUOTE]

I had "Kevin" in there way too much. You're right. The Lover part was actually another Kevin originally! Eeek

I'll definitely take out the 2nd one.

I'm torn over Lover.. we've called each other Lover since we first started dating and most of our friends and family are pretty used to hearing it.  I may still take it out though, I can see how it might be a little awkward.

Thanks for your comments!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards