October 2012 Weddings
Options

Invitation frustration!

Simply put, I am OVER trying to figure out what I want our invitations to look like! I've scoured multiple invitation websites, VP, Etsy...I just can not for the life of me figure out what to do! I adore pocketfolds, but I'm trying to keep my paper cost within the $200-$300 range, and with all the inserts, I have a feeling it would spill over. Plus, FI isn't too big a fan. HE originally wanted these scroll invitations; I didn't, but I indulged him and did some research - the shipping costs more than the invitation! 

The one invitation that I really like is this one from David's Bridal. I ordered a sample, and it's not only beautiful, it's relatively inexpensive, but I'm trying to decide whether it would be cheaper to DIY it by using a combination of LCI glider cards, ribbon, and VP/Catprint postcards or not. When you figure in RSVP cards & envelopes, would it just be better to let DB take care of it all (Keep in mind, I get a 30% discount on invites since I bought my dress there, also)? Any insight from my fellow October ladies? I need some clarity here before I pull my hair out!

Re: Invitation frustration!

• Options
    I really like those invitations.  I am making my own invitations.  I found them through etsy, but they wanted around $7 per invitation, not including the rsvp or other insert.  I've spent around $300 so far on the paper and I have enough to make all the invitations, rsvp cards, both envelopes, other insert cards, save the dates with envelopes, and the wax and wax seal.  I am doing around 70 of each.

Honestly, those invitations are simple enough for you to make them, but the price they are selling them for is pretty good in my opinion, and then with the 30% off, that's even better.  Save yourself the work and the hours and just get them from Davids.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I agree with PP, those invites are beautiful and after your discount will be a steal. Go for it!
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yup, I'd just have David's take care of it.  The price is good and it's one less thing to stress over!  At this point, anything that I don't have to do myself is a wonderful thing LOL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you!!!  You ladies are amazing. I've taken your group advice and decided that, hey, $196 bucks isn't half bad for my invitation/RSVP needs. :) Plus, it's one less DIY for me to worry about. Which is ALWAYS a good thing!

Now, to get some more of those cranes done...lol!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    My sister did those exact invitations from David's Bridal, and they are lovely.  Actually, as her MOH, I assembled them, tied the bows, and addressed them for her.  Once you've finished learning to tie the bows and assembling, you will be thanking yourself for not doing a fully DIY project!

(Not that it was hard, there's a youtube video to learn to tie the bows, and it was all very easy.  Just took some uninterrupted time!)
  • Options
    I think they're pretty!! I'm all about invitation kits. My MOH and I both bought kits at Michael's! Hers turned out so well that I cant wait to get mine done.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    I made my own 50 of them and it came to a total of 24$ ...

I made the image I wanted (through vista print) then saved it LOL and didn't send in the order... I then ordered them to print at Walmart so 50 invites "photos" for 10$.. bought cardstock with envelopes and brown riboon andput them together. Cardstock with envelopes = 10$ plus ribbon x 2 (2$ch) = 24$

we are sending a few by mail but most we have handed out to close family and friends... we are DIY our wedding as much as possible and trying to save where we can... all in allI am very happy with the finished product... as are some of our friends and family who have already recieved there invites (yes early I know)
    and we have a weddign email or number where they can call and let us know if they are coming or not... we gave the date of August 6th as the RSVP date... so if they are extra places we can hand them out to others we would like to have there.

• Options
    And always remember, time = money. How much free time do you have to be able to put together invites yourself and will it make you go crazy? I would definitely go for the discount! Those are very pretty btw!
  • Options
    I'm also ordering those invitations (but in black and champagne). I'm not much for DIYing, so I'd definitely order.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm thrilled that you said that you are just ordering them from DB. Really I don't think that DYI invites are worth the fuss (I DIY-ed and no, just no).
  • Options
    schnugglebug, you are brilliant!

(I might just steal that idea)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards