October 2012 Weddings
Options

Cake song, garter toss song, bouquet toss song....

What are you all using for these songs? Also the reception bridal party entrance song?

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Cake song, garter toss song, bouquet toss song....

• Options
    nothing is set in stone but we are thinking....

cake cutting - How Sweet It Is - James Taylor
    bouquet toss - Wannabe - Spice Girls
    reception entrance - Good Life - One Republic

not doing a garter toss
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Our DJ has standard songs for each of them.  I think he said he usually does "put a ring on it" while all the girls are gathering, and then cuts to "Girls just wanna have fun" when it's caught. Then for the garter, I don't know what he plays will it's being removed, but as soon as it's caught, he cuts to the MNF song or something.  It will be cute since FI liked the idea of putting the garter on a football (since he was QB in HS), so it will be really cute.

I'm not sure about the cake cutting, but we still haven't picked out any of our songs!  lol

• Options
    I'm so boring - my music is a guitarist with free reign (no singing, just music). My only request is actually that he play ONE song as my MOH and BM enter, then my RG and FG and then me. Its not a long walk, make it simple!

Ive seen a lot of posts on other boards about songs - everything from the party bus songs for the Bachelorette party to music for the reception. I bet you get great feedback!
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    Bridal Party Reception Entrance - All of the Lights - Kanye West
    Reception Entrance for FI and I - My Chick Bad - Ludacris
    Cake Cutting - Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard
    Bouquet Toss - Where Them Girls At - David Guetta
    Garter Toss - Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC (per FI's request)

Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
  • Options

Songs have been the hardest choice thus far.  All we've finalized so far, is the garter toss and that will be the mission impossible theme song. 

Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Entrance is falling in by life house Cake cutting is sugar pie honey bun Flower toss is ladies night Garter toss is mission impossible theme song
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bridal Party Entrance:
    Each BM GM pair is picking their own song...which they still need to tell me!
    FI and I - Every teardrop is a waterfall Coldplay

Cake Cutting:
    How Sweet it is - Michael Buble

No bouquet toss/garter
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am using
    Chariots of Fire for the entire WP entrance (in honor of my father)
    I didnt think about a cake song....so whatever is playing at the time will be it

No Bouquet/Garter Toss
  • Options
    Our Entrance is Piano Guys version of David Guetta's with or without you (so instrumental)

We aren't having a BIG cake cutting ceremony so no music...

for the Bouquet toss we are doing (the MAMMA MIA version of ) Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie (a man after midnight) originally by Abba
  • Options
    We're walking into "Walk" by Pantera
    Bridal Party entrance - "Red Red Kroovy" - Rob Zombie
    Flower Girl and her usher - "Sexy and I know it" - LMFAO

Garter Toss  "Dr. Feelgood" - Motley Crue

Bouquet Toss - either "foxy lady" - Hendrix or "girls girls girls" - Motley Crue

Cake cutting is undecided because i told him he is not allowed to smash it in my face so now he won't let me play the song I want which is "hit me with your best shot" - Pat Benetar.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • Options
    Simply_Caitlin...I LOVE those choices!

We are doing:

Parents/Flowergirls/RB Entrance: Get this Party Started by Pink
    BP Entrance: Covergirl by RuPaul
    Our Entrance: I really want "Hail to the Chief" and so far FI is reluctantly on board, we'll see what the DJ says!! 
    Cake Cutting: Power of two by Indigo Girls
    Bouquet Toss: Somebody to Love by Queen

No Garter toss...
    ***HAPPILY MARRIED 10-11-12*** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_cake-song-garter-toss-song-bouquet-toss-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:b99e9139-f013-4806-9005-3f19e97d4c80Post:facf6827-5da1-422f-8fa0-caea51759e64">Re: Cake song, garter toss song, bouquet toss song....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bridal Party Reception Entrance - All of the Lights - Kanye West Reception Entrance for FI and I - My Chick Bad - Ludacris Cake Cutting - Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard Bouquet Toss - Where Them Girls At - David Guetta Garter Toss - Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC (per FI's request)
    Posted by pzavecz[/QUOTE]

Ha! Totally using your entrance song for bridal party, FI & I's entrance song, and bouquet toss. I'm going to let FI choose the garter toss song and I'm still thinking about the cake cutting song. :) Thank you... these songs are totally us!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm doing How Sweet it Is for cake; bouquet - it's raining men; garter - another one bites the dust.

We haven't decided entrance songs.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    For the cake song, we are using Love You Madly by Cake; Garter Toss we are doing Foxy Lady; Bouquet Toss we are using Short Skirt/Long Jacket by Cake and for the entrance of the WP to the reception we are using Half-Time by the Ying-Yang Twins featuring Homeboi but we are using the instrumental version. We are both huge New Orleans Saints fans and thought this would be perfect for us.  
  • Options
    Cake Cutting song is "Me and You" by Kenny Chesney.  Not doing a Garter Toss or Bouquet Toss.  Our Wedding Party entrance song is the "Tunnel Walk", which is the theme music that our favorite College football team walks out to.  Bride And Groom entrance is going to be "This Is Our Time" by Kenny Chesney.
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • Options
    Our entrance will be a clip from "The Darkest Day" from the Independance Day soundtrack (there's a long backstory behind it, half our guests are going to crack up when they hear it).

BP entrance - haven't decided
    Bouquet toss - Single Ladies (Put a ring on it)

Haven't decided if we're doing a garter toss yet and we weren't planning on playing a specific song for cake cutting but now I may have to think about it.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards