October 2012 Weddings

Registry stalking made me sad :(

I decided to stalk our two registries today and it made me really sad. Not a single item has been purchased. My shower is in less than a week! I don't know if people just haven't gotten anything yet, or if they've gotten stuff that's on the registry but didn't go through the right channels to get it marked off or what.

I know that makes me sound kind of selfish and gift-grabby, but it does make me kind of sad.
Photobucket
Anniversary
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Registry stalking made me sad :(

• Don't be.... I had 1 item purchased off each registry 4 days before my shower. Day of I got almost everything we registered for.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 13, 2012
  • Some of my favorite items from my shower were not on the registry. Also, most of the gifts got bought in the last couple days before the shower!
    Anniversary
  • Thanks guys! :) I know that I have awesome creative friends to, so I'm pretty certain I'm going to get a lot of stuff that's not on the registry that I will adore.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ditto PP.  I made a point not to look at my registry, but I'm pretty sure most people buy last minute!  Plus I got some awesome signs and decor from my cutesy family!!

• Also, people may check your registry, see what you like and purchase the items at a different store.  This happened with almost all of my flatware.  Chin up; I'm sure your shower will be *lovely*!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Agree!!   I checked a few days before my shower and only 1 item was purchased...from all three! But everything but like two were actually from teh registry.  Also, people put in the gift recpiets.  There's nothing wrong with returning it and getting something you love!  THen it's double the present bc they're paying for you to shop when you know exactly what you need!
  • I understand what you mean. I went through the same thing but got some really special gifts at the shower (handmade items, things passed down through FI family, etc). I'm trying not to over-react again as the wedding (now just 25 days away) gets closer. Everyone asked me to register and only 7 items have been bought on all three combined (and my FSIL told me she got our birthday and wedding gifts off the registry).
    Just my two cents! Penny L G M
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_registry-stalking-made-me-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:bb2d864c-9834-4cbc-bf4a-a7d04bc30a18Post:64830ea9-db4e-4962-9330-7ef8db1d774a">Re: Registry stalking made me sad :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I understand what you mean. I went through the same thing but got some really special gifts at the shower (handmade items, things passed down through FI family, etc). I'm trying not to over-react again as the wedding (now just 25 days away) gets closer. Everyone asked me to register and only 7 items have been bought on all three combined (and my FSIL told me she got our birthday and wedding gifts off the registry).
    Posted by pennylg[/QUOTE]

I meant to say that she got our Christmas gifts off the registry too...
    Just my two cents! Penny L G M
  • I tend to wait until the last possible minute to buy gifts. maybe your friends and family do to!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I didn't receive anything off our registry but they were still nice gifts. We got a couple things that were on the registry but were bought somewhere else (towels and fondue set).
  • Don't worry about it! People are really procrastinators!  You will get ton's of stuff. You will find that people shop the day off.  :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hear you, my shower is in 2 weeks and only 6 things have been purchased and there were 44 people invited! I don't know if people aren't shopping yet or they're not telling the cashier they're purchasing off the registry but it's driving me crazy! 
    Anniversary
  • Nothing has been purchased, but my registry is deliberately small so I am hopeful that this means people are getting the hint ;) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
    44 image are ready to party!
    31 image declines
    0 imagecan't find the bleeping mailbox
    RSVP Date: Sept 24
  • WE apparently aren't having a shower!!!! so nobody bought anything....
    although my mom said she did check it out... Huh...

I am sure you will get some of teh stuff you put on there... just have patience adn stop stalking HEHE
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards