October 2012 Weddings
Options

Hotel Guest Hospitality Bags

What is everybody doing for their hotel guest hospitality bags?  I was thinking of keeping it simple but looking for some ideas.  
Rachel Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotel Guest Hospitality Bags

• Options
    I'm not doing bags, per se, because it just seemed like too much to worry about, but I made door hangs that say "Do not disturb, I was celebrating lehc723 and FI's wedding, October 6, 2012" and will give them those with little envelopes with cards that include shuttle information and info about our apps. I thought about including "Things to do in the area" type stuff... but there's not that much to do in the area, ha. Plus, we don't have many people making a weekend of it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We opted not to do them. We have very few guests staying overnight and we're not having a day-after brunch or anything so it would just be a waste of money for the 3 or 4 I'd do. Plus a waste of my time running around to get all the stuff.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    All of our guests are OOT (95% traveling from NJ to NC) so we did bags, and a lot of them.

Welcome letter/packet -- /> includes welcome letter, directions to venue from the hotel, local restraurants, local food stores/pharmacies/liquor stores, things to do in the area, antique store list, and a weekend itinerary

We got in touch with NC tourism and got a packet on all the local wineraries for each one as the wedding is in the heart of wine country

I'm baking Moravian Spice cookies for each bag, these are a historical cookie from the area

2 water bottles per bag with a wedding label

Wedding door hangers

Glow bracelets for our campfire the night before the wedding

A small bottle of Texas Pete hot sauce and a small bag of Krispy Kreme donut holes (again both were started locally)

Any bags going to people with kids will also get either a small stuffed horse or a set of jacks (depending on the age of the kids)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 13, 2012
  • Options
    Nothing is set in stone yet but I'm thinking:

Our wedding is in Saratoga Springs, NY, so I want to include things that are unique to Saratoga.

1) Bottle or 2 of Saratoga water - The sparkly water that Saratoga is famous for
    2) Saratoga Potato Chips - The potato chip was "invented" in Saratoga
    3) Wedding info - shuttle times, day of coordinator's cell phone #, etc
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am doing them as well.. and including:

Bottles of water
    Chips
    Candy
    Advil
    Welcome Letter
    Map of walk to venue

I have another question since I see you all have this: How do you get your invite numbers to show like a ticker???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My mom volunteered to do this for us, since we have a lot of OOT guests, as well.

I created a welcome note with the itinerary, directions, and shuttle info, as well as an invite to meet us for breakfast the day after (the hotel set aside a room for us - nothing too fancy).

We bounced around some ideas for what else to include and as of now it's looking like:

- bottled water
    - an apple
    - snack size bag of pretzels or popcorn
    - a couple of pieces of choclate
    - info on the area (free from the Chamber of Commerce)
    - maybe some other non-food item, though I'm not sure what yet. I DON'T want her to spend a bundle of money/time on this, but I know her, and she'll try to fill it to the brim like a Christmas stocking!
  • Options
    I'm not doing them.  All of my side is OOT, but I don't find them to be necessary.  And I really didn't want another added to my list of things to do.

• Options
    I'm from Saratoga Springs!!!! I am doing bags. I will put bottles of water, 2 cans of soda and 2 mini bottles of rum :) chips, cookies and something else but not sure yet :) I was going to hand mine out at the Rehearsal dinner because OOT guests are staying at various hotels, not necessarily the one I booked
  • Options
    At least 1/2 of our wedding will be traveling so we're doing them.

What we're planning to include:
    Welcome letter
    Subway map (we're in the NYC area)
    Door Hanger
    Thank you magnet from VP
    1 water bottle
    1 small bottle of coke
    1 small bottle of captain morgan (rum and coke is very us. hehe)
    a NY snack- not sure what yet
    advil packet
  • Options
    I am doing bags since everyone is OOT (destination wedding)

-1 or 2 bottles of water
    -homemade cookies
    -packet of things to do
    -packet of coupons (for attractions (Maid of the mist, some restaraunts)
    -welcome letter
    -directions for reception, ceremony and close attractions
    -do not disturb sign
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I am doing similar things  

- Bottle of water (hopefully will get wedding label, if not then just normal bottled water.) 
    - A couple local snacks (Utz potato chips, or Synders pretzels)
    - Maybe a couple local grown apples or something like that to snack on. 
    - A booklet I found on my campus called "What to do in [Town]" basically lists a bunch of stuff. I am going to Chamber of Commerce to get more or else I will just go to my campus and pick up all the copies I can find...
    - Print off of Wedding Website with itinerary, guest information (more stuff to do in area), and directions. 

Most of our guests are OOT. What are you ladies putting these goodies in? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
    44 image are ready to party!
    31 image declines
    0 imagecan't find the bleeping mailbox
    RSVP Date: Sept 24
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards