October 2012 Weddings
Options

Really starting to HATE FI's job

FI started his job with a major corporation last September and it was a great career move for him.  He got a 15% increase in his salary, a higher position, and it's been an amazing experience for him.  He was told he would be traveling about 20% of the year, which was fine.  But since August of this year, he's been home one to two weeks out of the month.  He's gone right now - left on the 22nd and won't be back until the 2nd.  I just found out that he will be traveling again on the 12th through the 20th.  And when he is here, we will have his two daughters so we will have absolutely no alone time for just him and I.  Don't get me wrong, I love his girls, but I would still like to have at least one day of relaxing with my FI.

This just isn't how I pictured the last month of our engagment to be going and I am extremely upset and sad.  I hate this and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.
dscf4745-2
Anniversary

Re: Really starting to HATE FI's job

• Options
    I'm so sorry ystaal, I would be frustrated too if I were in your position. Is there any way he can look into doing something with his company that has less travel? Or tell them he needs to be home more like he was told he would be?
    Good luck!
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. My fiance was is away mf every day between 9/17 and 10/11. Wedding is 10/13. My Bach is a weekend trip and I leave before he gets home. I will see him for a couple hours Sunday then he leaves again until Friday. It sucks bc I could use his help and I have to do all the normal household stuff alone plus in a million errands. It stinks but I'm focusing on the fact we get to be all alone on the honeymoon.
  • Options
    I can relate somewhat.  FI started a new job too.  He was gone for a week of corporate training.  Since he's been back, he's been working long hours.  Leaving at 3:30 or 4 in the morning and not getting home till 10 or 11 at night!  Things have improved since he got out of training and is now doing his route by himself.  I can't wait till we're in our new house because it will make things so much easier for him.  Hang in there girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards