October 2012 Weddings
Options

When is/was your hair/make-up trial appointment?

Hi girls, I think TK ate the first time I posted this. I was wondering when you are doing your hair and, if applicable, make-up trials, and when you are making your wedding day appointment/s for these. Thanks!
It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
Rings2
143 Invited image
88 will be there! image
55 would rather stay home :(image
0 Are procrastinating!image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When is/was your hair/make-up trial appointment?

• Options

I had a hair/makeup trial in February - which was awful. $130 down the drain.

I had a makeup trial in March and I'm using her, but I still need to get a hair trial.

I wouldn't wait too long - I know a lot of people wait til their shower or something but I wouldnt want to find a new person a month before my wedding if I didn't like how things came out.  I know you can tweak things but the girl who did my hair/makeup before did such a terrible job I wouldn't want to risk it (and she was recommended a few times on my local board).

• Options
    I booked hair and makeup last August (Aug 2011, the salon I'm using is very popular and books up quickly) and did my trial in October (the day we did E-pics).  I thought it was weird to do my trial a year in advance, but the salon told me that a lot of people do trials on the day of their e-pics and that it wasn't too soon.  I'm actually glad that I did it then because it's giving me time to grow out the shorter layers of my hair and it's one less thing that I have to worry about finding the time to do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have my hair trial in July and makeup is next week. If I like her I will book her. I already booked hair with my stylist.
  • Options
    I booked my hair around November or December as it's a popular salon. I will have my trial about 6 weeks before the wedding.

I booked my makeup at the end of March and had the trial the same day I booked her. My MUA insists that you have a trial with her before you're able to firmly book her. She'll reserve your wedding day when you call and make the appointment so no one else can take it on you. Because I booked with her the same day (LOVE her) there was no cost for the trial. If you don't book, then the trial would be $65 or something like that.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mpjf1001mpjf1001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    Not sure when im doing my makeup trial, i have 4 weddings to go to this year besides my own so maybe ill pick one of those day. My MUA has done my makeup before so im not worried.

As for hair my hair person told me a month before so she doesnt forget what we are doing, ive been keeping my hair at a decent length so nothing will be a problem. She told me she could do an updo with less than what I have. Again she is my normal hair person, as been doing my hair for years and im not worried.
  • Options
    I don't have a hairstylist yet...yikes!! I feel totally behind the eight ball now!
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Options
    I've contacted my MUA but havent had the trial yet. The hair salon did my hair last summer for my MOHs wedding and I loved it. I will probably call them in a month so. They are hidden away and not wellknown so I'm not terribly concerned about them booking up.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    Ok, thank you all!
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did my make up trail in March for my bday.  My hair trail Im going to wait until September so my hair is a bit longer.  I already booked my appointments since it is the salon I go to all the time.
    Michelle Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My side of the family is having a shower for me in July so I'll do my trials before that...and if I don't like it I will still have time to find someone else.
    for siggy
  • Options
    catwinecatwine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I've been engaged since June 28, 2011 and have had 2 make up trials but none for hair yet.  I didn my first make up trial in late fall and then again in winter.  I recently cut my hair super short and am having a consult with my stylist next week. 

My MU artist is a friend of mine so she isn't charging me for anything.  I'm going to book a trail for my hair probably for September...my stylist is great and I know she will do a fantastic job.  Apparently October is a busy wedding season but I'm getting married on a Sunday and I know she is free:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards