October 2012 Weddings
Options

Dry cleaner woes

The woman who did my alterations had recommended a dry cleaner to press my dress. He was located right next door to her, and even though he was pricey, I figured it was worth it.

Today I went back to the alterations lady to pick it up and there was dirt all over the back. It was still wrapped in the plastic bag from the cleaners, so I know it was from him. Needless to say, I burst into tears. She ran next door and got the "cleaner", who said he could get the dirt out. I am still freaking out and wondering how you put a white dress on a dirty press.

Hopefully tomorrow it is done like they say it will be :(
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Dry cleaner woes

• Options
    That really stinks!  Hopefully if the cleaner said he can get it out, he can, and it will look as good as new.  I would have been upset, too, though.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I would have lost my sh!t all over them.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I probably would have cried too!  hope it all works out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Wow, I would have flipped.  Hopefully it all works for you.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    They press dresses? I thought they steam them? I bought a sample so I need to take it to get cleaned and steamed next week. Crapping myself with nervousness.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_dry-cleaner-woes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:c7b8ef24-5f34-4775-9008-293b6dfa3ce8Post:42934614-c866-4f6b-98e7-b7430ad6891b">Re:Dry cleaner woes</a>:
    [QUOTE]They press dresses? I thought they steam them?

I bought a sample so I need to take it to get cleaned and steamed next week. Crapping myself with nervousness.
    Posted by TheSlowskys[/QUOTE]

Some use a steam press or just a steamer.I am sure yours will be fine. No worries. It's just my sh*tty luck.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards