October 2012 Weddings
Options

What does your seating chart look like?

So I finished up our seating chart today and I have one table that just feels very...empty w/ only 6 people at it.  Our venue said the max per round table is 10 people and most people usually sit about 8-10 per table.  The way our seating works out with our guests is that we have a couple of 9 person tables, 1 10 person table, a few 8 and 7 people tables, and 1 6 person table.  FI and I tried to think of who we could move around so that all the tables would be more or less the same size but we found that there wasn't anyone we wanted to move from the tables we already have them at.  It's annoying because there are families, couples, and other people we don't want to split up so it makes it awkward for the seating chart so we couldn't make it work out so that every table gets 8-10 people.  We pretty much kept the people who knew each other together.  So it worked out pretty well, except for this awkward sized 6 person table.

What do you guys think?  Is a 6 person table going to be really weird or am I way overthinking this?  Anyone have this problem with their seating chart?  I'm about to just say screw it and leave the seating chart how I have...this is annoying.
Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2

Re: What does your seating chart look like?

• Options
    Mine looks exactly like yours. We have some tables of 10, a couple with 9, some with 8, some with 7, and 1 with 6. The lone table of 6 is actually my dad's table. We just couldn't figure out who else we could put there that it wouldn't have made more sense to put somewhere else. And given that he made suggestions for who of his family he wanted to sit together, it was partially his idea. Does it bother me? Yeah, a little. Do I think anyone will actually notice? No, probably not.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Options
    We've got a table with only 5 people. The issue is trying to seat people with other people they know. If I separate this group of 5 just to fill the other tables and close this table, they will end up being with strangers. There are also so many people, couples and singles alike, who won't know anyone else at the wedding. We actually don't have circles of friends. I have a friend who I met at school. Another friend who I met through musical theatre, etc. Not many people have met before. What a mess.

• Options
    We have a small wedding planned with 42 people to seat. We went with three tables of six and six tables of four. I like smaller tables, easier to hear the others when they talk. We have them in a circle with us in the middle. Each table has something in common with the tables on either side of them. I'm very happy with how it all worked out and can't wait to get everyone together. We expect a lot of mingling between the tables.
    Just my two cents! Penny L G M
  • Options
    I think the people at table of 6 will be happy to have the elbow room!
  • Options
    WE have 8 tables with 12 people each (they are BIG tables... with plenty of room... 1 table I think has 11 and another 10.. but that is fine...

looks like this
  • Options
    I am having a very small wedding and reception.  My tables seat 6.  All are round tables.  At each table, we are going to have 4 people with 2 extra chairs, and positioned so that noone will have their backs to us.  The resason for the extra chairs is so that way when we walk around to each table to talk with people we have a place to sit down and if others want to move around, then there is room for that.  We are also having a kids activity table.  I made wedding related coloring books for each child and will ask that all the kids color one picture to give us for our scrapbook.
  • Options
    We did this today and what a frigging nightmare!  Keep the table of 6....easier on the stress level!
  • Options
    Ugh, I am dreading doing the seating chart.  Do you have any vendors that you need to feed (like photographer, dj, DOC that you could stick at that table?  If not, I think 6 would be fine.  Like steph said, elbow room!
  • Options
    I have one lonely 6er table too but I'm not going to change it....but if my pastor ends up staying for dinner, then we will stick him there.  My big toss up is if my BM (who needs to have her baby now!) doesn't end up coming.  Then that table will only have 5 people at it and then I'll probably end up squeezing ppl in!

• Options
    All of ours have 6, 7 or 7. We have a few 6 tables, and we figure that way there's space if we have any surprises or people who get mad about how they're seated and want to move. We worked really hard to put everyone with people they like (or will like when they meet them), and I'm done caring about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards