October 2012 Weddings

Photo Vent

We got our pro pictures back this past week and while we have 800, there is not a single one of me with my mother.  I could have sworn that we had taken one together.  Everything happened so fast, I didn't think this type of shot was my responsibility to remind our  photographer who has been doing this for years to actually take.  Plus there are a number of blurry/out of focus shots and more of my MOH (who is a good friend of our photographer) and her husband (and her husband was not in the BP) other than my DH and I.  I just feel so disappointed in the pictures.  My mom and a friend who are both great photographers got better shots.  

We reviewed the images with our photogrpaher and were pleased in the heat of the moment and didn't notice the missing shot.  She's since sent me a picture where it looks like my dad was photoshopped out but I'm not even looking.  I know I need to address this, so any advice?

Re: Photo Vent

• I in the same place you are. I was pretty dissapointed in our photos, and I'm pretty sure our photog was too because she didn't post them on her blog nor did she try and meet with us, she just sent us the CD of the images and that was that.  I emailed her telling her how unhappy i was but haven't heard back, I'm also not really sure waht to do now.  A co-worker who's also a photographer said to ask for prints or something or possibly try and get her to do another hour shooting if some people live close?

• LDubHawksFanLDubHawksFan member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2012
    I'm so sorry you are feeling this way.  If you look down about 20 posts, I had a similar situation and was really disappointed in pictures missing.  At first he had a handful of pictures of getting my dress on, but none with my mom which I knew was taken by his gf.  I actually inquired about them and how there were no bridal poses and sad I would be really disappointed if there weren't any.  He sent me what was salvagable from getting ready (his gf's camera broke).  I too thought that I didn't need to tell him to take a shot of the bride, since every other wedding I've ever been to did that without asking!  Lesson learned and now I've warned all of my engaged friends to make super detailed lists (I only made a list of family poses since parents are divorced to the nth degree).
    I've since come to grips with the fact that there won't be any simple poses of just me in my dress with my bouquet from the day.  I realized that I wouldn't be hanging up a picture of that, but instead of my WP and my husband and I.  Instead, I've tried to focus on the good pictures of me and my husband, and that has helped a lot.  Try to take a step back and look at the proofs again.  I would hate not having a picture of my mom and I from the day, so I am really sorry for that.  But I would start by emailing her and asking....I was able to at least get a few more pictures that way.  Also, he is upgrading our album a bit, so if nothing else, maybe you will get something out of it.  A lot of girls on here told me to do a photo shoot with the dress later, but for me, my hair could never be recreated and my flowers have since died off....but maybe it's something you could do to have a picture with your mother.  Lastly, if you really aren't satisfied, the only thing left is just to review them explaining your frustration.  It won't make up for the pictures, but it could help another bride.  Good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards