October 2012 Weddings
Options

wedding manicure colour-poll

I'm having a hard time deciding what colour to get my nails painted for my wedding.
i love red but my lipstick will be read and i think it may be too much.  i've noticed that dark colours seem to make my ring more sparkly and noticeable, but subtle colours are really nice too!

what do you think? please explain your choice/what you think i should do!

Re: wedding manicure colour-poll

• Options
    I like the french for the wedding.. Personally I think its classy and dressier.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm thinking French, nude or light pink. They're always classic. Even if your fingers aren't in too many photos, you don't want to look back and regret going with something trendy.
  • Options
    I picked french manicure. I think it's classic. If you want to do a color I would say don't go too dark . . . I don't know, I just picture that looking odd.
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_wedding-manicure-colour-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:d71bdafb-5c48-4022-ba96-edd67b3b69a9Post:b325b90b-3a11-4ad0-ad3c-13d2beac3078">Re:wedding manicure colourpoll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking French, nude or light pink. They're always classic. Even if your fingers aren't in too many photos, you don't want to look back and regret going with something trendy.
    Posted by marelin87[/QUOTE]

Ditto
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    I actually just picked out a color and just tried it today. I think it looks great. It's Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail color in petal pusher. It looks like a pinkish-nude color and it goes on just solid enough to give the nails some shine and color, but not so opaque that you can't see your actual nail underneath. this works great for me- I've got pretty long nails naturally and just wanted something more than a clear coat. It did dry really fast, too, which I love.
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I'm doing French on my hands because I feel it will look much classier and will age well with photos.

On my feet I'm doing a deep red though. I did a "trial run" with a colour I really love at the nail salon I'm using and tried on my gold shoes and was really happy with how they looked together.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I picked "other" because I THINK I am going with Kyoto Pearl, whch is a whitish pearly color.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm going with a frecnh manicure. I was thinking maybe gold, but I actually really don't like wearing nail polish and my hands.
  • Options
    I'm going with dark purple. It's totally me! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    271 Invited image
    186 Are ready to PARTY! image
    85 Can't make it image
    0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image
  • Options
    I'm doing the same thing as achi - french fingers, deep red toes
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_wedding-manicure-colour-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:d71bdafb-5c48-4022-ba96-edd67b3b69a9Post:b325b90b-3a11-4ad0-ad3c-13d2beac3078">Re:wedding manicure colourpoll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking French, nude or light pink. They're always classic. Even if your fingers aren't in too many photos, you don't want to look back and regret going with something trendy.
    Posted by marelin87[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.  I love the French because it's classy, but nude or light pink are really flattering.  I wouldn't go for red or dark because I don't think it will carry with the times.

• Options
    I am doing french because every time I have french tips I feel so elegant. I've been growing my nails out for the past month (I usually keep them rather short as I work with my hands) so I know it will look even better now that they're even longer. Though I'll definitely be glad to cut them after the honeymoon - I'm so sick of jamming my nails into things at work!!

I haven't even thought about my toes...
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I voted for french, but I think nude or a very neutral, light pink would be really pretty too!! I'm doing a french on my fingers, but I may do a solid nude on my toes because I currently have a split toenail...hazards of my job!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Saw this on Pinterest and loved it:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • Options
    I love nude or a french,

I have closed-toe shoes, so my toes are going to be my "something blue".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Definitely french, but toes will be a darker color...probably a deep red.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I LOVE changing my nail polish and using crazy colors. I think the ombre sparkle is gorgeous and I might do that, but I haven't decided yet. It's between light pink/rose, the sparkle, or a very dark color.

here's my inspiration for the sparkles, I think they're more subtle/wearable than the picture above.

and here is the website for the tutorial:
    http://www.misschievous.tv/2012/04/nude-sparkle-princess-nails.html

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to do a light pink no-chip mani. I'm not a big fan of French manis, and even though I love bright and bold colors, thought that I'd prefer a more classic look.

My toes on the other hand, will likely be a bright, fun color. (So they look great with my bathing suit on the honeymoon!)
  • Options
    I voted other, as i am sort of doing a french....but with sparkley purple tips and silver line under the purple

toes will be solid purple with my silver shoes!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards