October 2012 Weddings
Options

bridal bouquet

Hi Ladies, I have a problem. Ever since I started watching those bridal shows I have wanted a bouquet of red roses. Then I got me dress http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-A-Line-with-Split-Front-and-Color-Inset-YP3066_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Silhouette-A-Line
and everybody thinks I should get white flowers instead of red. Now I want a really honest opinion, should I stick with what I want or should I go with white. Or perhaps a mixture of the two? My concern is with pictures and which will look better. Thanks!

Re: bridal bouquet

• Options
    I say stick with what you want!! If you want to bring in white...do a combination of white and red.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is EXACTLY the picture I showed one of the ladies at work! I love those little white flowers. However not sure about availability and price and would be willing to put some white roses in there.
  • Options
    I say stick with what you want! My friend had red in her dress as well and she did a mostly red bouquet with a little bit of white and I thought it was really pretty!
  • Options
    I see no issue with having a red bouquet. Listen to your gut - you're the one who has to be happy with it all.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Its your wedding... soo if you want an all red bouquet.. then thats what you should get.. I would probably bring in some white somewhere too like in the picture shown just to give it some contrast, but I think it would look pretty with the all red bouquet too.. Or see if you can find a fake one of both and bring with you to try on your dress and see what you like better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The white flowers are called stephanotis and they are available year round.  They shouldn't be that much to add to your bouquet.  They naturally look kind of like plastic, so you could even use the fake ones with real red roses if they come out to be too much to add.  A lot of brides also add little pearls or rhinestones in the center of them because they have a perfect round hole in the middle of the flower.

Like PP's said though, if you want an all red bouquet, get one.  It will look beautiful.  you could also have them make an all red bouquet but with different shades of red so that there is a little bit of variation.  Just an idea :)
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I love what ystaalenburg posted, those are gorgeous and would fit perfectly. If you dont like those, then I think you should stick with what you want. It is your wedding, its one day you get everything you want. :)
    weddingpic
  • Options
    I think that dress would look pretty with a red or white bouquet.  You want red, so you should carry red flowers :)  You could add some white as other posters have suggested, or if you don't like that, talk to your florist about adding some greenery.  That might look a bit too much like Christmas though :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Choose what you want for your bouquet.   I think a red bouquet would look beautiful with that dress.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I don't have anything to add that PP haven't already said, but I did want to tell you that your dress is gorgeous. :)
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Options
    Whoa that dress is something!  It's going to be stunning!  I really love that first link with the flowers.  I want to see pictures of you after your wedding because I am quite taken with that dress.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • Options
    My bouquet is all red! Go for it!
    for siggy
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I'm totally going with the red roses!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards