October 2012 Weddings

Finally getting engagement pictures done! Any advice?

FI and I finally set a day to get our engagement pictures done. We're having them taken on July 18. We're doing two locations. The first one is at the little icecream shoppe where we had our first date and where he proposed and the other is a garden center that has some really beautiful waterfalls. So for those of you who have already had them taken, do you have any advice about the process? Anything you would have done differently? Comfy clothes or dressy clothes? Was it easy to have fun with?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Finally getting engagement pictures done! Any advice?

• edited June 2012
    We did 2 locations, with 2 outfits.  The first location was at a park, and we had our dogs, so we dressed more casual.  We wore our favorite blue jeans and comfy tops.  The second location was at our downtown area where there is a lot of modern architecture and wall art, so we were a bit more dressy.  I wore a dress and FI wore some dark indigo jeans with a nice button down shirt (both of these outfits were from Express, if that helps).

The idea of these pictures is to be yourself.  Wear things that you would normally wear, and act as you would normally at the locations you've chosen, and your pics will turn out beautifully.  I was very nervous about looking silly or posed, but my photographer is awesome and made us feel very natural, which I'm sure yours will also be able to do.

Have fun!  We had a great time with ours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • Definitely agree with the PP.  BE YOURSELF! I wanted to get a dress for pictures, but it isn't really me. So I decided to get a cute dressier top for one outfit and then just a normal day shirt that I wear for the second outfit. I am so thankful I did this because I know how uncomfortable I would have been otherwise. PLUS , have fun and enjoy it. It goes by so fast!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I agree... the best shot were of us just being us.  We picked a location that had special meaning to us and wore clothes that are just classic us.  Again it was fun to do silly things like jump off a rock, climbing on things and practicing the "dip and kiss", but the best shot were just of us being us, being together.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards