October 2012 Weddings

Any October 2012 Brides?

Re: Any October 2012 Brides?

• Hi!  I'm planning my wedding on October 6th, 2012.  People say that we have plenty of time but I feel like I don't.  Does anyone else feel that way?  I finally picked my color schemes.  Hopefully I won't change my mind :)   Is it too early to talk to the officiant and reception venu?
  • Is it wrong that I'm now getting paranoid that October 20, 2012 will be booked before I get the chance to make arrangements?  :-) 
    White Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_october-2012-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:eabf0be1-c9a7-45ef-854d-32ceb8f788c2Post:64870b32-c8fa-4d37-8336-2725b3458331">Re: Any October 2012 Brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ahhh! i love this board! I am currently a student, and my boyfriend, who graduated this past may from college starts his first "job-job" on monday! My boyfriend and I have picked out Oct. 6th, 2012 as well as many others on here :) We are not engaged yet, but talk about out wedding like we are. We will be engaged by the end of the year, i am assured. We are not big "fall theme" people, but we want to go with earth tone colors. We are also in upstate New York.
    Posted by mek20[/QUOTE]

I'm in the exact same boat as you.  We're gonna do kindof rich wine colors since there are a lot of vineyards in the area (and they're my favorite colors.)  Best of luck to you!
    White Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_october-2012-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:eabf0be1-c9a7-45ef-854d-32ceb8f788c2Post:2a548b7b-ebb9-4684-8e21-55685dd9caba">Re: Any October 2012 Brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]my fh keeps saying that he will like whatever i like. He hasnt given an opinion on anything but the dress when we wer elooking at pictures. and so in hopes of getting him more involved i got us tickets to a bridal expo, maybe actually seeing stuff and not jsut looking at pictures will bring out his opinions more.
    Posted by jaynechelsea[/QUOTE]

I took my boyfriend and during the different cake tastings he actually insisted that we get the card of one of the booths and wanted me to make sure we remembered them.  He also got an idea of what he *didn't* want by seeing examples of DJs and Videographers.  Hope it works out for you!
    White Knot
  • October 13, 2012 here, too!  Everyone thinks we're crazy to have such a long engagement, it's nice to know we're not the only ones.  I really wanted to get married in the fall, and next fall is just too soon for us, so 2012 it is!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_october-2012-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:eabf0be1-c9a7-45ef-854d-32ceb8f788c2Post:499d3797-b77d-43b1-a420-ff0ab9a95062">Re: Any October 2012 Brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Me, I am also getting married in October.  We have choosen October13 2012.  ...
    Posted by StarJuicy11[/QUOTE]
    I'm getting married on the 13th too! We are having an outdoor wedding and an indoor reception with all the fall colors. We're waiting till 2012 because we are having a baby in January and we chose October because it's both of our favorite month. We will be booking the venue soon and then nothing else till next October
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2010
    Yay we finally picked a good date Oct. 19th. I'll be done college and now the next two big steps happen at once wedding and house.  We  picked out flowers and I tried on a few dresses. Another thing we did was find a good location luckily for us it's a first come first serve deal and the place has us down in their books for the reception. I guess I do this early so I won't become a Bridezilla later. Congrats to everybody else.
  • Ooo I'm an October 2012 Bride! We are planning on October 6!
  • me just went tonight to see hall and ceremony place buying dress on friday because its being discountunied but im in love with it . ive dont alot of planning already got my girl and guys but they already knew they were in the wedding . Everything is planned nothing paid for ... not till jan but were locked into the price we got which was amazing lol OCT 6 th 2012 cant wait
  • i am also an October of 2012 bride :) OO I like saying that! And for me it gets frustrating because people keep saying "why are you planning so much already, its 2 years away..." But the way I see it, the more I get done NOW, the less stressful it will be later, plus I just LOVE planning it all. So far I have all of the smallish stuff planned like colors and budget and who is paying for what. I just don't have the major stuff like venue and transportation. One thing I do sort of regret is asking all of my bridesmaids to be my bridesmaids so early, because now I have 8 bridesmaids and i'm not even sure if I want a few of them....so i would suggest holding off on asking the wedding party for a bit.
  • Our wedding is in October 2012. I am currently in nursing school. We are waiting until I finish. I will finish in 2011, but we also waited enough time to plan and save!
  • I'm a October 2012 bride =)

We just got engaged August 27th 2010, and we are planning for a October 27th 2012 wedding. We are super excited and two years is a great time frame to save up and plan. 27 is our number as he first asked me out on February 27th and we got engaged August 27th. I can't wait =)

Good luck to all you October 2012 brides. XOXLaughing
  • my wedding is in octoner 2012Laughing
  • im also getting married on october 20 2012 and right now im just getting ideas did you pick a theme yet?Smile

• i was told it is never too early to plan the wedding. im having my weddin october 20 2012 and im just getting together the theme and colors and what i want and dont want. My mom told me that it was also not early to book the church and hall bc alot of people will be getting married. Does anyone else have a fairy tale theme?

• Me! I also adore the fall, and we have been going back and forth between the Oct 6th and Oct 27th. We live in Ohio and I love the idea of an outdoor wedding, so leaning more towards the 6th.
               I've looked at gowns online- I love a tea length gown and a short retro blusher- our colors are ivory, marine blue, and brown, with silver accents. He loves blue and silver, I'm more into the ivory and brown- we are also doing silk flowers (it makes so much sense because the colors i want are hard to find in fresh floral!)
               We have an idea of our wedding party (at least the numbers) and have looked for photographers- we are planners (lol) so we do a lot of research before we make a big decision! I've also looked online at bridesmaid dress possibilities, centerpiece ideas, and bouquet arrangements- i've got a bulletin board full of my ideas and somethings change weekly, but this way i can visually see things i'm concidering and how they work together.
               I reccomend though buying things a little at a time and putting them in a designated spot for "wedding" stuff. This way (if you're on a budget) you don't have to come up with a bunch of money as you get closer to the big day. If you find things like vases or silk flowers, glasses (champagne toasts), or the asile runner even on sale or discounted BUY THEM NOW! Check discount stores (Flower Factory, Gabriel Bros, Marshal's, TJ Maxx) also for genaric wedding items. Good luck to every one! Hope this helps!

• Me October 14 2012,Sunday because it will be a Jewish wedding and nothing is supposed to be done on the Sabbath( saturday) till sundown.....
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • WOW!! Nice to know i am not the only bride to be planning a wedding 2 years in advance! :) We have set our date for 10/20/12. I have already chosen the gown, started on the guest list, chose colors, debating on venues, and started to work on minor details, such as the traditions (something old, something new..etc). My fiance' is cambodian so we have to have 2 ceremonies and instead of having 2 receptions, we're going to have one big reception, so i have been thinking of ways to incorporate both heritages...any suggestions are very appreciated! :)

GL and Happy Planning!

Future Mrs. Sophal Men <3
  • andynmandiandynmandi member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    I also am a October 2012 Bride. Finally set the date for 10/13/12. We were engaged on August 13th and it was a huge proposal. My favorite season is fall and favorite holiday is Halloween. Our Birthdays are in September so we wanted a different month to celebrate in. And our anniversary is November 5th but we thought that will be too late. We are in western New York and who knows with the weather. 2012 we figured would be perfect because we bought a house and I am in school now.

• Me too!!!

We just got engaged two weeks ago and we always wanted a Fall wedding :) We decided on 2012 so we have plenty of time to plan and enjoy being engaged for a while!

• Hey there. Me and My husband were married on 10/20/2007.. we just got married in a court house. He has decided that it is time for us to have a big wedding. so we are doing it on our 5 yr ann. on 10/20/12
  • amyegunnipamyegunnip member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    We booked our reception & ceremony site this weekend and settled on the date...October 6, 2012 :) That is Columbus Day weekend of '12 so we chose it because we definitely wanted October and it is a long weekend for our loved ones traveling from out of town! For those of you who have the same wedding date I suggest booking your venues soon..holiday weekends tend to fill up fast. Best of luck! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are getting married in October 12, 2012.  It will be a cocktail wedding.

We have a very good idea on how many people will be attending our wedding.  245 are invited and 150 - 175 will be attending.  Since we are paying for everything, I'm taking advantage of any savings that we can get.   We see something that we like, and we wait until it goes on sale.  Having 2 years to plan for it, makes it easier in spreading the cost.

So far, we bought our wedding invitations kits, thank you cards, knive & cutting set, gift/card box for the reception, disposal camera for each tables (look for the expiry date) all at Michaels crafts store.  We used Michaels coupons on the website and we save either 40% or 50%.   For party favors, we are giving out a set of mutli-purpose candleholder with a 2 medium length candles and 2 tealights for adults.  We got the candleholders from IKEA.  For the kids we are giving them a small bags with mini-peppermints and rockets and big candy stick.

Everything is bought to make the centrepieces and we planned for 22 tables.  That also were bought on sale 20% - 40%.

My boyfriend found his wedding band at the Bridal Show early this Fall.  We went to the store so we can order it and we found out that wedding bands were on sale 40%.  We ordered his ring and he just pick it up last week.

We met with our Minister after church a few Sundays ago and we also spoke with the Music Minister as well regarding the music.

We are booking our reception hall in January/February 2011.

Before we announce our wedding date to everyone.....75% to 85% of the wedding planning will be done, paid for/deposit/booked, etc.  That way, we will have the wedding that we both want.

Good luck!
  • edited October 2010

OMG!!! 10/20/12 IS SUCH A POPULAR DATE! I'm so excited for my fall wedding. We're doing a classic 50's theme for the ceremony and a costume party for the the reception. We're going as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf...I'm in love with the idea, especially since im marrying a slightly older man!
  • Me too!  Congrats everyone!  We just got engaged Oct 15th so I'm really excited and have been in planning mode since :)  No one really seemed that excited since we are in our early 30's and we already live together but who cares. People also look at me like I'm nuts cause I'm constantly looking for ideas and because I planned it for 2 years away so I don't really talk about it much even though I'm bursting with excitment...well at least I have my mom :)  Oct is such a nice month...LOVE the weather and colors an LOVE Halloween :)  Nice to meet some of ya gals :)
    There are millions of people in the world, but in the end, it all comes down to one.... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi. October 31st! halloween bride! We have been planning since march, when he popped the question.  I have my dress for the Ceremony, and picked out the one for the reception. We know where and when. We have most of our guest list. now I'm following the checklist the website gave me. 
  • amyegunnipamyegunnip member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    I am glad that I am not the only one who gets picked on for planning ahead so much! My mom encourages it since we both agree that more planning now means LESS STRESS LATER! Plus, it's a very exciting time right now...why shouldn't we be excited & eager to plan!? My future mother in law (who I actually have a great relationship with) gives me a lot of guff for all the planning that I have done so far but I don't care! We have chosen & booked the ceremony & reception site, chose our theme & colors and found my dress this weekend!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yes Oct. 6th 2012.  Our engagment party is Feb 19th 2011.. im so occupied with planning that.  Im excited im 22 and my fiance is 30 and we have been together for 3 years now.  Congrats on your engagment.  Fall colors are pretty! Im also considering chocolate brown and a deep rich pink. 
  • edited November 2010
    I am so happy to see that there are other October 2012 brides!! Everytime I tell someone when the wedding will be (October 7th, 2012) they look at me like I'm insane and ask why we are waiting so long, especially since we already live together and we are 26 years old. Well guess what? Weddings are expensive!! It will just take two years to save enough money in order to have a wedding like everyone else.

As for planning... I spent a LOT of time online looing for a ceremony/reception venue. We are having our wedding in Chicago but I live in Philadelphia. So I am trying to plan ahead as much as possible and get the place that offers the most. We are waiting for the contract to come in the mail... we should have our reception hall booked within the month. Laughing
  • We are October 6, 2012.  I also feel like it's so far away however everything always seems to book so far in advance.  We choose to have it in just under two years as we are paying for it ourselves and don't want to cut corners to save a few bucks because we didn't give ourselves a little extra time.  It also gives us time to just enjoy being engaged. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards