October 2012 Weddings
Options

Ceremony songs! help!!

I'm having a hard time with our ceremony songs.
What are you playing while guests are being seated? Are you doing separate songs for your bridal party and parents?
What are you walking down the aisle to? What are you exiting to? Are you playing songs with or without words? Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony songs! help!!

• Options
    We are playing kind of mellow love songs during the guest seating. Things like "All I Ask of You" from Phantom of the Opera, "Open Arms" by Journey and "She's Everything" by Brad Paisley.

We are using the same song for BP and me. It's a song called "In Loving Memory" by Phil Coulter. It's a beautiful instrumental piece that my FI has fond memories of from his adopted grandmother.

Our recessional is "Old Irish Blessing."
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    For the Prelude we're doing
    - Everywhere we go, Kenny Chesney
    - My best friend, Tim McGraw
    - Falling In, Lifehouse (FI and my's song)
    - I cross my heart, George Strait
    - Amazed, Lonestar
    - Lucky, Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat (original 1st dance song we couldn't get right haha)
    - She's my kind of rain, TIm McGraw

Mothers: There is love, Paul Stookey (mom and dad's wedding song)

Bridesmaids: Butterfly waltz

Me & Dad: Liz on top of the World, from Pride and Prejudice Movie

Recessional: I'm a Believer, Smash Mouth
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    we are playing light music instrumental during the seating

Ring bearer, Flower girls, Bm, MOH are entering to and insturmental version of Utadu Hikaru's first love...
    then I enter to A Thousand Years (Christina Perri) Insturmental by the Piano Guys

while Singing the papers we are having 2 songs THE first time ever I saw your face (version by Josh Kracjcik he was on X FACTOR last year) then One hand One heart from the musical west side story (the GLEE version)

Our recessional  (with bubbles blowing) is the Feather Song from Forrest Gump
  • Options
    We have a guitar player who will play "romantic" music beforehand. Parents and bridal party will walk to Marry me by Train. I will walk with Dad to instrumental of Storybook Love from princess bride. We will Recessional to the same song but with the words, and then during receiving line we will play build me up Buttercup (another subtle nod to the princess bride) My favorite movie by the way :)
  • Options
    Our pianist is playing her "wedding repitoire" while people are being seated - not sure exactly what but she has that under control.

For the bridesmaids she's playing: Comtine D'un Autre Ete: L'apres Midi by Yann Tiersen
    For me: River Flows in You by Yiruma
    Recessional: Promenade from Pictures at an Exhibition by Mussorgsky

Then she plays her own stuff for another 15 or so minutes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_ceremony-songs-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:edfd6cf8-d808-4263-bbb3-aa788101b533Post:405b5bdc-b58c-4727-a9b5-e74b6bf1fda2">Re: Ceremony songs! help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]we are playing light music instrumental during the seating Ring bearer, Flower girls, Bm, MOH are entering to and insturmental version of Utadu Hikaru's first love... then I enter to A Thousand Years (Christina Perri) Insturmental by the Piano Guys while Singing the papers we are having 2 songs THE first time ever I saw your face (version by Josh Kracjcik he was on X FACTOR last year) then One hand One heart from the musical west side story (the GLEE version) Our recessional  (with bubbles blowing) is the Feather Song from Forrest Gump
    Posted by schnugglebug[/QUOTE]

A Thousand Years is our first dance song! It makes me all teary.
  • Options
    We are having our painist play soft worship songs with no words while guests are being seated.  The wedding party and I are entering to "When I say I do" by Matthew West sung by our pianist.  While signing we will have "Love is not a fight" by Warren Barfield sung and played by our painist.

Then we exit to the Matthew West song again...it's fairly long so we are splitting it into 2 parts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards