October 2012 Weddings
Options

10-12-12

The most perfect day of my life (hiccups and all).

H & I got married on 10-12-12. I haven’t been around because we went straight on our honeymoon then home and back to work for two days before we prepared for Sandy and are now recovering from Sandy at home, while we wait to truly assess the damage to our family shore house.

Ignoring the current depressing situation for now and time to recap the most perfect day of my life for all you wonderful ladies.

The rehearsal dinner on Thursday was so much fun. We all got pizza and booze and had a blast. Everyone loved their gifts which made H (FI at the time) and I so very happy.

After the rehearsal myself and one of my bridesmaids went down to the venue and crashed there for the night falling asleep around 3am to the fire crackling in the room.

Woke up at 7am to a stunning sunrise over the ocean.

My bridesmaid then left with her husband who picked her up because she was getting hair done somewhere different than me.  I settled in to a nice relaxing bath before heading up to get my hair and makeup done.

My hair and makeup came out perfect, exactly as I wanted. I was however, 45 minutes late leaving there (even after giving myself a 30 minute cushion) because my older sister (we’ll call her MOH1) was late and scheduled first and didn’t call the salon or me to tell me how late she was going to be so everything ran late. MOH1 was supposed to drive me down to the venue so I was there for flower delivery and getting lunch organized and instead I had to drive to my mom’s and have her drive me at the last minute. It worked out fine, but I did end up at the venue at 2:15 when I was supposed to be there at 1. The flowers were delivered to my room, groomsmen photos had already started when I got there so all pre-ceremony photos of H and the guys don’t have boutonnieres which upsets me a little (but not a real issue overall).

My photographer (and TWO assistants!!) were amazing. They kept me calm and when a MAJOR problem arose, I didn’t find out about it until the next day.

The MAJOR problem – my brother (who is 10 years older than me) is an a-hole and H & I will not be speaking to or communicating with him until he makes a formal apology to us. My brother was a groomsman and REFUSED to take pre-ceremony photos with the guys. First one of my bridesmaids went to get him – he refused. Then our officiant friend went – he refused. Then all the other groomsmen went to get him and demanded he come – he refused. Then my father found out and apparently had a screaming match telling my brother he needed to get his a** downstairs for pictures – HE STILL REFUSED. I didn’t find out until the next day looking at our professional preview and asked H – “where’s my brother?” – and then he told me. I cannot believe my brother did this and I don’t know how I will ever forgive him. He severely upset H and we are both offended and saddened that he would do this. But I love that EVERYONE else (photogs, family, friends, staff) kept it from me so as not to upset me (especially since I was already upset at being late because of MOH1).

The ceremony was perfect. Everything the rest of the day was perfect. Yes a table was mis-numbered and mis-seated, but H & I were none the wiser and the venue corrected the issue and no one complained at all. Everyone is telling us how incredible the food was, the dance floor was packed ALL night, even between courses (some people skipped courses because they were having so much fun!!), the bar was ABUSED which is great because it was open bar!!

We could not have asked for a better ceremony, reception, photog, venue, DJ, staff. I could go on forever but I think you’ve had enough especially if you’ve made it this far!

We spent 11 days in Hawaii for our honeymoon and it was incredible – I’ll post pictures from that eventually, coming home to work and then Sandy has put a damper on things. This wedding recap has helped. Sandy took out the boardwalk you will see in my previews. It’s upsetting for me to realize that what we had no one else may be able to get.

Thank you all for reading!!! Here’s a link to our photog’s preview on FB - 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.472139449493190.109555.299129660127504&type=1

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 10-12-12

• Options
    I'm happy to hear you had such a wonderful day!  Waking up to that sunrise would make any day perfect.

I am sorry to hear that your brother was difficult. I hope he apologizes soon so your family can begin to build happy memories together.

I hope your home and vacation home weren't too severely damaged from Sandy.  We have relatives in NJ and they were given an estimate of next Wednesday to have power returned. 

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Why on earth ... ? I am glad the rest went so well! Your photos are .. Clean! I know that is an odd comment, but it is meant as a true compliment! You both look so content, you are so lovely - Congratulations! ETA: I meant to add good luck with Sandy damage and I'm glad it is property not person!
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    Sounds like such an awesome day. Congrats...the pictures are so pretty.
    weddingpic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards