Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Did you have any WR surprise parties?

My bridal shower and bachelorette parties are both surprises, being planned by my little sister. I like the idea of a surprise, but I'm such a control freak that I ultimately hate not being involved.

Were your bridal shower or bachelorette party a surprise?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Did you have any WR surprise parties?

• Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope. Both involve me traveling, so I needed some heads up. But, while I know where and when, I haven't been at all involved in the planning, so I have no idea what we're doing.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i want my shower to be a surprise, but i dont want my bach. party to be one.
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My shower was a "surprise". I knew the date but nobody knew I knew, only my MOH knew bc she told me :) (I wanted to know)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My shower was supposed to be a surprise but I ended up finding out. And I preferred it that way because I actually don't like surprises and HATE not having control.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard about surprise showers until I moved here.  Neither of mine were a surprise. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Neither of mine were a surprise. I just don't like being surprised haha.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted bridal shower but confession time:  I totally knew about it.  I knew the date.  I knew where it was.  It's hard to keep stuff from me ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My shower is a surprise.  I know it's coming.  And I'm going to know when it is, because it's going to be a Sunday, and my MOH called my manager to make sure that I'm not scheduled that day, since I work every Sunday. 

I don't THINK that my bachelorette is a surprise... but my MOH is really bad at calling people back and picking up her phone.  Twice in the past 3 days she has called me.  I missed the call, and call her back within 5 minutes and she doesn't pick up, and then doesn't call back.  le sigh.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I knew the dates of both but most of the details were a surprise.  I needed to pick out my outfits and make sure I was pretty.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would love for at least my shower to be a surprise as I continually tell my family I have always wanted a surprise party. In reality though, I am too much of a control freak.

My friend's bach party was supposed to be a surprise, right down to the location and everything. They told her it would be a whole weekend and the date and that was it. She was so anxious over not knowing the MOH had to tell her the week of. I had never heard of bach parties being a secret until then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't want either to be surprise.  I don't like being the center of attention and have an anxiety disorder, so I need to prepare to be the center of attention.

Plus, I'm a control freak.  My engagement was a surprise, and that's enough for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP, the details were a surprise but I knew the dates.  MUCH better that way.  As a BM, I hate planning surprise things for a bride.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't want either to be a surprise especially cause I'm horrible at surprise parties. For my 18th birthday my mom and then boyfriend were in cahoots for a surprise party, but it totally backfired. I was super po'ed that none of my friends had shown up at the party or what I thought was the party. I got really upset, mad, and my feelings were hurt that none of them showed. So then my mom sent me to go pick up my sister from swim practice and when I returned they were all there, but by then I couldn't really enjoy it.

So I'm completely in the know of date, time, and place but not sure of specifics at the showers. Plus like QT said I want to look cute for them too, haha
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not supposed to know the details of my Philly shower (next weekend), but the NY shower and b-party both involved me traveling...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards