October 2012 Weddings
Options

Registry

Ok ladies.....so registering is one of my big to-dos.  My FI still hasn't completely warmed up to the idea of doing one since we live together and don't need a lot of stuff.  If anything, we will be doing it just for the showers that are coming up and will be upgrading towels from college and misc kitchen stuff I guess. 

One of my showers is in IA, so I'm thinking of registering at a local dept. store (Younkers) for the older ladies that won't even drive to Des Moines for a Target registery.  Other than that, I'm kind of stumped.  Macys could be nice.  BBB is pretty standard & my FMIL is pushing it because apparently you can return anything you don't need for cash, but I really don't like the quality of the things there.

My question is where did you girls register??

Re: Registry

• Options
    I registered at BBB and Kohls. We are in the same situation as you (have lived together for years) but are upgrading some things. Our Kohl's registry doesn't have much on it at all. I personally love BBB and think they have great brands there and have really enjoyed our experience with them as far as registering goes.

Good luck.
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I registered at Bed Bath and Beyond but only for higher quality items like Calphalon cookware and bakeware, Henkles cutlery, etc.

We also registered at Home Outfitters which is a Canadian store for our small appliances, towels and other odds and ends.
    Anniversary
  • Options

One of our registries is Amazon, which I loved using.  Not only can you register for anything on amazon, but you basically can include anything on another website.  It helped to pull together some of our odds and ends that we couldn't really find at other stores.

• Options
    FI and I have been living together for 4 years.  We used our registries to upgrade a lot of our stuff (sheets, towels, pots and pans, etc)...some of our stuff we've had since college and it's time for it to GO!

We registered at Macy's and Williams-Sonoma.  We picked Macy's over BBB because Macy's has a better completion discount program than BBB does.  Also, our registry items go on sale just about every week at Macy's, so guests can get some pretty good deals.  I LOVE to cook so W-S was a given for me : )

I would research the completion discounts of the stores that you are looking at, that might help you make your decision.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We registered at Crate and Barrel (really only for our flatware and some random things), Bed Bath and Beyond (for most of the kitchen appliances, knives, and everyday dishes), and Macys (for fine china, crystal, and linens).   My guests so far seem to prefer shopping at Macys (or maybe they just like buying china), but as the shower gets closer I'll be keeping an eye on it to see if I need to move anything. 

If you don't like the quality of stuff at BBB, don't register for it.  You're the one that will have to use it, not your FMIL. 
  • Options
    We registered at kohls and dillards.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    We registered at BBB and Crate and Barrel. Both were awesome experiences! FI and I live together, but like PP, most of what we have is from our college days, so we focused on upgrading what we already have. Also, we live in an apartment, so space wise it made sense to focus more on what we can upgrade so we know we have a home for each item, instead of picking things out for the heck of it and not knowing where it'll go. Good luck and have fun registering!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We registered at BBB, amazon.com, and honeyfund.com
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_registry-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:f96036dc-7a27-4ad5-9ed7-f76d3c092041Post:86c61050-7d00-42cb-a2d7-ab71cc290fc8">Re: Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]I registered at Bed Bath and Beyond but only for higher quality items like Calphalon cookware and bakeware, Henkles cutlery, etc. We also registered at Home Outfitters which is a Canadian store for our small appliances, towels and other odds and ends.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

Good point.  Maybe my basis of the quality of their products are from the lower end items that I've aquired over the years of moving around apartments.  I'm sure they carry good cookware.

Nic, thanks for the advice!  I will definitely look into their policies!

• Options
    We only did Target and Macy's.  I was going to do a 3rd but we found everything we wanted at those 2.  I can't believe how much stuff Macy's has!!   Even things like Le Crueset, which I was going to register for at Williams-Sonoma, was there.  I'd give that a try ; )
  • Options
    We registered at Target and Macy's.  What we actually registered is pretty evenly distributed between the two stores, with some of your more expensive items (dishes, pots and pans, linens, etc) at Macy's and more everyday items (kitchen utensils, mixing bowls, shower curtain, etc) at Target.  

Our gues list includes a wide variety of people - friends in grad school that I know are strapped financially to an uncle that owns his own plane.  Now, I am not saying I expect an inexpensive gift from my friend or crystal from my uncle, but the point is, I made a point to have gifts of all different price ranges so everyone feels comfortable while they shop.

Personally, when we were still in college, a friend was registered for tons of stuff at Crate and Barrel and hardly anything at BBB, we couldn't really afford anything that was left on their registry when it came time to shop for showers and the wedding.  Needless to say they just got a check! 
    543348_480773691944678_1919010228_n
  • Options
    We registered at Macys. They have stores located across the US where other department stores aren't in the area of FI's family. They do have a great completion policy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Kohls & Bed Bath and Beyond... I love target but have heard nothing but bad things about their registry (returns, ect).

I did both registries online, then went to the store to confirm which items were available in-store. This actually worked REALLY well... BB&B lets you check online as you add things to confirm they are online as well. I personally have enjoyed taking my time browsing online and comparing products/ratings of items to add to our registry.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    We did Kohls and Target. I've had no problems with Target so far. Kohls has been a pain. I've had to call customer service twice and a guest had to call also.
  • Options
    Now that I'm thinking about it, I had a bad experience with Target's registry and my friends' wedding.  They just didn't deliver the present and still charged me.  It wasn't until the gift came up in discussion that I hunted it down and got it delivered.  Thanks ladies!  I think I have a good place to start!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards