October 2012 Weddings

UPDATE on ending MOH friendship

Thank you for all the advice on my first post about this issue.  For those that didn't read my first post, I've been having a lot of drama issues with my MOH and I reached my breaking point last weekend.  All of this drama happens when she drinks, and she drinks too much and can't handle herself when she's drunk.

Even though it was really hard, I called her on Monday and told her exactly how I felt about everything.  I'm not the type to just cut someone off, especially if I care about them.  So anyway, she admitted that she has a problem with alcohol and that she will be taking steps to get herself in a better place.  It was hard to hear her say all of that, but I am very glad that she is seeing it as a problem that needs to be fixed, rather then not recognizing it's an issue.

I left it all by saying that the ball is in her court now and if she needs help, that I am here for her.  I haven't heard from her since Tuesday and I'm not going to open up the lines of communication.  I feel she is the one that needs to make the effort to save this friendship, so time will tell how it all plays out.
dscf4745-2
Anniversary

Re: UPDATE on ending MOH friendship

• I feel for you. Those are painful conversations to have with anyone. Hopefully, she really follows through with getting help and is able to turn things around for herself.

Kudos to you for stepping up to address it with her. I know it's easy to just not say anything, but you did and that takes a real strength of character. Good for you!
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • It must have been difficult to say ... And for her to hear (read, in this case). I am glad you were able to share your concerns, and I hope she spends some time in serious thought to help herself.
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Good luck with your situation and I hope everything works out the way it should, I hope she comes around and realized what she's losing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards