DC

Hannelore's in Alexandria

Has anyone been to Hannelore's in Alexandria?  Good?  Bad?  Tips for a good experience?  Any sales consultants to recommend?

I've heard they can be snotty, but what bridal shop isn't to a certain extent, right? 

Re: Hannelore's in Alexandria

• jon_ellejon_elle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there. I have heard the same thing about them being a bit snooty.

I received this from WeddingChannel.com. If you decide to go with them, they are having a promotion. See below.

Good luck!
    jon_elle

Hannelore's Bridal Blowout Sale
    October 5th-8th
    Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
    Friday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Hannelore's annual clearance of over 100 selected designer gowns from: Pronovias, Anne Barge, Monique Lhuillier, Romona Keveza, Paloma Blanca and more! All gowns are in sample size 10 and in pristine condition. Blowout gowns are priced from $500 to $2,000, originally $1,500 to $8,000!
    Free Groom's Tuxedo and 1/2 price tuxedo rental for entire party, when booked during the sale (10/5-10/8)
    50% off of all in stock Mother of the Bride/Groom and Special Occasion gowns
    All in stock Beverly Clark wedding accessories 60%-75% off
    Sale is by appointment only, call (703) 549-0387 or email info@hannelores.com

Hannelore's
    106 N. Lee Street
    Alexandria, VA 22314
    www.hannelores.com
  • edited December 2011
    i went to hannelore's twice but ended up buying from chevy chase bridal instead.

the first time i went, i was really surprised about how...i don't want to say rude, but i guess snobby is the best way to put it...our consultant was. she snapped at me to not step on the dress when i was changing, at one point asked me "you HAVE tried on dresses before, right?" and didn't crack a smile until the very end when it seemed like i was about purchase a dress. obviously, i didn't buy from her and left. the second time i went, it was actually during their last sample sale in April and we got a MUCH nicer consultant - she was easy going, pulled gorgeous gowns, let me try on pretty much whatever i wanted and got along really well with my mom and BM. unfortunately, i couldn't commit to a dress at that point. 

here's a tip if you're going to the sale - make sure to GO EARLY!!! i went on the second to last evening of the sale, thinking there was still going to be a decent selection...it was pretty much entirely picked through and everything left there seemed to be very dated and just not cute at all. i think the deals are still decent, but i recommend just taking a morning off work and going on the first day to get the best selection.
  • dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually ended up getting my bridesmaid's dresses from them and I thought the sales people were really nice!  We worked with Ashlynn and she was so sweet!  I was a little worried because I had read thre reviews online that said they were snobby but at the same time almost all bridal shops in the areas had reviews like that!  We ended up going there because all my BMs live all over the place and they had the widest variety of desingers of any other shop I found...

I'm thinking the bridal gown area is different so you might not even be able to work with the consultant that helped us but I would definitely recommend them for bridesmaids dresses!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I don't live in the area and am looking to make an appointment in December when I am back.  Unfortunately, I can't make it to the sale.  I guess if I expect them to be rude and snooty, at least I won't be surprised.  They are the only shop outside of one in DC proper that carries Jenny Yoo, so I kind of have to go to them.

Dawn - I'll keep Ashlynn's name handy and see if anyone else has any specific consultant recommendations.

Thanks again!
  • michelekcmichelekc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got the email from wedding channel too.  Do you have to make an appointment for the sale, or just show up?
  • inlove1121inlove1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd heard the same thing regarding Hannelore's.  However, I attended with my best friend searching for gown and the experience was GREAT!  Kimberly one of the managers and the buyer for the store was a DREAM honestly.  Just the night before we visited Serendipity Bridal in White Plains, MD and that experience was a nightmare!  They had 0 personality. So meeting Kim and the staff at Hannelore's was a dream.   Best of luck shopping.

inlove1121
  • LindsMullinixLindsMullinix member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My only recommendation is to check around for pricing if you find a dress you love - I found a dress at hannelores and they wanted $2850 for it - when I called another shop they were selling it for 2299 (the MSRP) - they definitely mark up prices so just be mindful of that and refrain from buying on the spot until you check around for pricing.  Good luck!
    -Linds
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    inlove1121 - I'll think about booking with Kimberly.

LindsMullinix - Thanks for the heads up on pricing - I'll make sure to do my homework!
  • LuluP82LuluP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also had Kimberly and she was nice. I didn't end up buying because I found something else I liked, I will say though-- she put a lot of pressure on me to buy right away, which I didn't like.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards