DC

Spa Recommendations

essianessian member
First Comment
Hi ladies,
I am 12 days away from my wedding and would like to get a facial done by this weekend. I haven't done one before therefore I don't know which spa to go to.Do you guys have any recommendations in the northern va area? Any recommendations are welcome.Thanks!

Re: Spa Recommendations

• LindsMullinixLindsMullinix member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dessange in Vienna is good but pricey
    -Linds
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • psmith1216psmith1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Bliss Spa at the W hotel is really nice and my husband got one there the day before our wedding and loved it.
  • essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. I want a reasonable place tho.... I don't want to spend too much money on it. How much are we talking about here?
  • edited December 2011
  • elishabelleelishabelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you've never had a facial this is not a great idea. You could break out afterward. Just a note of advice! A massage would be a better idea.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • faithmuafaithmua member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Sugar House.  I've had a facial there during a reaction to a lip product.  I got the oxygenating facial and my reaction cleared up within about two days.  I've never had a bad experience there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Elishabelle. That's true. I guess I should have done a trial before so I would forget about it.
  • edited December 2011
    if you make it soon you should be okay before your wedding, no?  I went in last night and they said to come 1-2 weeks before if i wanted a facial.

Anyway, I LOVE Red Door Spa (I go in Fairfax)....I have heard great things about all the locations.
    226 Invitedimage 153 Are Ready to Partyimage 68 Are Washing Their Hairimage 5 Better Not Make Me Hunt Them Downimage RSVP Date: June 15
    July 10, 2010
    imageimage
    Planning Bio
  • essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lyss, I thought so but I don't want to have any break outs too. Oh, I know Red Door, I've never been there but I've seen it in Fairfax because I work in Fairfax. It's in the Fairfax Corner, right?  I would stop by today after work and see what they say.

Thanks fo all the suggestions!
  • erinries2erinries2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second teh Red Door recommendation!  I went last weekend and fell in love!
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoa!  If you've never had a facial before, you may not want to have your first one this close to the wedding.  There is always a chance you might have some sort of reaction, especially with your very first facial. 

It may be best for you to go with gentle cleansing 2x/day and, if you really want, a gentle scrub (Kiss My Face or something else organic) no sooner than a week prior to the wedding.  You don't want to risk splotches, break outs, etc., for your wedding photos.

Just my $0.02.

I recommend you call a couple of places (Elizabeth Arden, Celadon, Aveda ... wherever) and ask to speak with an esthetician and see what he/she recommends. 

Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards