DC

Affordable DC Hotel/Venue Wedding?

Hello! I'm becoming very discouraged with my venue search! Does anyone know of any Hotels in DC that could accomodate 175 people on a saturday night for about $18k? Trendy/Boutique/Modern/Contemporary... is this possible?

Re: Affordable DC Hotel/Venue Wedding?

• LindsMullinixLindsMullinix member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check with the Hilton Arlington and Towers - I dont recall exact pricing but they were more affordable than most DC hotels.  I have heard good things about the key bride marriott.  You may also want to look into the City Clubs of DC - they aren't hotels but their pricing is good for being in DC and food is great. www.clubcorp.com.

Also if you find that your not able to do it in a hotel you could always look into the venue were using - we went with Maggiano's Chevy Chase - on Wisconsin Ave NW.  The food there is plentiful and amazing, and their pricing can't be beat for DC.  The cost for adults including open bar is 68.95 per person, and kids are I believe 25, possibly less.  That price also includes the wedding cake and their ballroom holds up to 190 with room for dancing - just a thought :)  Good luck! 
    -Linds
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Crystal City Marriott. I found their prices to be much more reasonable than any other hotel around.  Granted, they are not a Kimpton, so you don't get quite the modern feel that you do from say Hotel Monaco, but I think the hotel is beautiful.  They just did a full scale renovation a year ago.  Our price per person for the reception is around $90 and that includes cocktail hour with passed hors d'oeuvres, 3 course meal, and open bar for 3 hours during the reception.

They have also been a DREAM to work with.  Very accommodating and willing to go out of their way to help.  I highly recommend them.
  • psmith1216psmith1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at the Marriott at Metro Center (downtown DC) they have various packages and price plans and for that number it should fit in your budget.  It's a great location, good room rates for DC and it comes with basic linens, cake, lighting, etc.  If you want more information you can email at psmith1216@gmail.com  I can give you a contact name as well if you wanted a tour / get more information.
  • LesaBearLesaBear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a bit late to this but I'm planning a corporate event at the Washington Plaza close to Mcpherson sq. It's 14k in F&b for 120 people, plus about 3K for the venue space. They're not a chain so they're pretty easy to negotiate with.
  • edited December 2011
    We're having our wedding at 1757 Golf Club in Sterling. It's very very affordable because it's brand new (first wedding was in April and the back 9 of the course is slated to be finished this summer) but it's very luxurious. Only drawback I've found so far is that there is no real private staging area for the bridal party. We're also having our ceremony there. We got a plated dinner for 100 people for $6000ish.

The event coordinator is super nice also.

http://www.1757golfclub.com/Dulles-Virginia-Wedding-Receptions.html

I have some pictures on my picasa of the place if you want to see it.

EDIT -- Sorry I missed the part about wanting to have it at a hotel.
  • AnnekiteAnnekite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If not having at a hotel, but near a hotel is an option, I'd suggest my venue, which is the Carlyle Club in Alexandria.  It's walking distance to the metro, walking distance to about 6 or so hotels of all different price ranges, and we're doing a plated dinner for 180-200 for about $19K, including tax and tips.  Price would obviously drop for you will less people and if you did their buffet option.  The best thing, absolutely EVERYTHING is included.  This means no rentals, and you won't even have to rent your DJ's equipment, because the venue has a built-in sound system, stage lights, and dance floor.  It's gorgeous too, and the family that owns it is wonderful to work with.  They have a website:  http://www.thecarlyleclub.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards