Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

for those giving parent albums

If you are giving parent albums as your gift, obviously you won't have the hard copy to give to them at the rehearsal dinner.  How will you present them with a gift that is not tangible?  Write it in your thank you card?  Are you giving them something else?

Re: for those giving parent albums

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're definitely doing cards with an IOU.  We're also thinking about a gift card to their favorite restaurant or a show too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto miguelhilary...
    We will write a note about how it is coming after the wedding... and we are also going to do restaurant/spa giftcards for them (plus a few small gifts - frames, hankys).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is a hanky a traditional parent gift?  Someone explain please
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered cute and reasonably priced handkerchiefs on etsy.  I got a pair for FI and I to use/keep (in blue), and a different pair for our moms (in burgundy).  The seller was ArtfulBeginnings.

I just got them as something to keep first off, but also because the moms will be crying at the wedding so I figured this was nicer than tissues :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    MH- Those are beautiful! I will look into that seller as I was going to get hankies for us and the moms as well. FI won't cry, I am almost certain but in case he does, he will have a nice one to use.
  • Options
    TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I plan on giving the albums as Christmas gifts, but we often give IOU gifts in creative ways. I would maybe make a mini flip book with pictures in it just to be creative and stick it in a card.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did a thank you card with an IOU for a parent album (well, DH got fancy and printed out a certificate for a parent album and put it in there).   We also did personalized hankies as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We wrote nice cards to them and included in there that we were giving them a parent album and a copy of our video in addition to the other gifts we got them.  We didn't give DH's dad and girlfriend an album, but we gave them a nice 8x10 frame and put a poem inside the frame telling them we'd send them an 8x10 of their choosing after the wedding.  You could maybe do something like that for an album too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    tacco - I just got a hanky from an Etsy seller for my Dad. It says "today a bride, tomorrow a wife, always your little girl" Sappy. But so me.

I am going to give him that along with a celebratory cigar (our country club has a really nice upstairs cigar lounge).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    krlarentowiczkrlarentowicz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is November, so we are keeping our fingers crossed that we can give them to our parents for Christmas gifts.  I hope we have them and if not, we will do some type of creative IOU.
  • Options
    benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to wait and give our parents their albums for christmas/hanukkah.  They do not know that we already plan to do this, so it will be a surprise.  I do not plan on giving them an IOU.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards