DC
Options

River Farm in Alexandria

Hello! We're in the beginning stages of looking at ceremony/reception sites and are really interested in River Farm near Mount Vernon in Alexandria. HOWEVER, we saw on their website that your bar must close by 8:45pm! And the party must be packed up, cleaned up, and out of there by 10pm. That seems SO early to me. Has anyone had their ceremony/reception there or is anyone planning to? Can the closing time be negotiated/extended in some way?

Re: River Farm in Alexandria

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there in October of 2007 on a Saturday and I believe the bar was open past 8:45, or at least I don't recall feeling like the bar closed too early.   I know the wedding did start early.  It was a pretty venue and the weather cooperated for an outside ceremony and dinner was in a tent.  The only downside that I noticed was dancing was separate and the room for dancing was a bit small. 
  • Options
    scoettoscoetto member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Clear everybody out by 930/945 and hit up a bar or have an after party! Just because the reception ends early, doesn't mean the party has to. FWIW, our reception ends at 8, but we're hitting up the hotel sports bar after.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just had my reception there a few weeks ago!  My bar stayed open until 10.  The guests have to leave by 10 and everything must be out by 11.  They were easy to work with on the whole and pretty hands off. 
  • Options
    lareddinglaredding member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you might be surprised how quickly a majority of your guests leave early. I would think ending the party at 10 PM is perfect.
  • Options
    selmie26selmie26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Collingwood in September.  Its VERY close to Riverfarm and a little cheaper (4K for 8 hrs) I think and I think the rules are a little less strict.  The only stipulation is the music has to be off by 10pm.My contact at Collingwood is Judie Kunkle and she is very sweet and extremely helpful. http://www.collingwoodlibrary.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards