Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Question for Curtis Center and Downtown Club Brides (and Grooms)

I'm assuming you're blocking off rooms at the Omni, correct?  Are you also having your ceremony at one of the downtown catholic churches or on site at the reception?  I only ask because we're wondering what we should do for transportation because everything is so close. 

It just feels silly to pay for the 3 hour minimum plus extra time for pictures when literally everything is within a 4 square block radius.  It would literally be like a 30 second ride if all the lights are green.

But I understand how my fiance doesn't want to walk anywhere very far in her dress and if it rains (especially in April).  So what kind of arrangements have you worked out with transportation?  Just bite the bullet and pay the 3 hour minimum and have the guy camp out for 2 3/4 of the time?

Re: Question for Curtis Center and Downtown Club Brides (and Grooms)

• bluebfalobluebfalo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I'm planning to get married at Old St Mary, have my reception at the Down Town Club, and block off rooms at Omni and Best Western Independent Park Hotel.

I like that the Down Town Club has free parking for all guests and they can park there from prior to the ceremony to 2am the next day (when the parking garage closes... although I can't remember if this if for Sat and Sun weddings)

I am not hiring transportation. I just can't justify the expense when it's such a short distance between venues. If we were taking pictures before the ceremony I would hire a shuttle for the wedding party, but FI vetoed that idea. We will only have about an hour between the ceremony and the reception, so I think we will stick to local spots for pictures (independence mall, washington square park). I know we'll have to drive for one picture (FI wants a picture in front of city hall, but that would just be FI and I so we could all fit into a personal car, which I plan to park on the street before moving it into the garage for the reception... however my wedding will be on a Sunday and I know the streets near Old St Mary's are free parking on Sunday and 2h parking other days).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi,
    I am getting married at St. Agatha St. James, our reception is at the Curtis Center, and we have a block of rooms at the Hyatt at Penn's Landing. We had a hard time contacting the Omni, and they were not willing to offer us the number of rooms that we need. The Hyatt was much more accomidating. We booked the trolly through Cescaphe, and it is pretty affordable. We are getting married in Sept., and are hoping for good weather so some people could walk, but I would say yes to providing transportation because all of your guests may not want to walk.
    We also booked a limo for the few blocks from the hotel to the church, and just bit the bullet for 3 hours. We figured it could also be used to shuttle grandparents from the hotel to the church, and people who may want a little more confy ride then the trolly. Hope that helps :-)
  • I have found that cescaphe trolley gave the cheapest quote.

795 for 3 hours for a white trolley. I forgot what the seating capacity... I think 33?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am getting married in the suburbs, reception at The DTC and hotel block at the Omni. We are having a shuttle to take everyone to the church and back but NOT from the hotel to the Omni and back. It is one block. If someone cannot walk 1 block they can take advantage of the free parking and drive.

I think when all venues (church, reception, hotel) are as close as yours are people can walk and if the weather is bad they can drive or take a cab.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards