DC
Options

Chef World Bridal?? HELP ASAP!

Has anyone else heard about this? I went to the Dulles Expo Center this past weekend for the bridal show.  I got a call today saying I won a prize package including a 3 day trip and a voucher good for $1000 worth of grocery coupons, but I have to go to the Comfort Inn in Arlington to claim it either tomorrow or Thursday. She said she had all my paperwork in front of her (and knew my wedding date). I've seen on google that it's a high pressure marketing tactic to get us to buy some of their products, but you can say no and still win the prize. You just have to have a strong will to turn them down. If any one has any experience with this, please let me know ASAP!!!!! THANK YOU!

Re: Chef World Bridal?? HELP ASAP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to the expo as well....although I am at work, so don't know if my home phone has been blowing up with marketing calls just yet. I did get an email saying that I won something.  I have to call to follow up with that. I would just go if I were you.  And just know that you only want the prize...and don't let them con you into anything else.  If they try to...just leave.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel like everyone wins....I went to a show a few months back and got the same call. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
  • Options
    tracy_ktracy_k member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those jerks just called my cell phone, I hung up on the woman. Seems like a big ol' scam to me. Blech.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    fyi- i got some free tickets to a bridal expo awhile back and ended up not attending.  i got a call to say i had won something based on a drawing at "my recent visit to the bridal expo".  clearly, i never went, so they just took my name off of some list (since i did get the tickets).  when i googled i read that it was a scam.  i have heard some people get the free trip, but i would be the person who got convinced to buy whatever they were selling, so i let it go. i also got a bunch of calls from vendors saying stuff like "thanks for visiting our booth".  again, never went to the expo so they must just give out the info lists to everyone. good luck with whatever you decide!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got the call today.  I did some googling, and it does come up as a hard sale for some pots and pans.  the free trip actually costs a bunch of money.  I'm not calling the person back.   I don't have time for that...and I like my pots and pans just fine. :)
  • Options
    Sarahkay488Sarahkay488 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha Thanks girls... I've decided not to go. Arlington is almost 2 hours away from my house and it just doesn't seem worth it to me! Thanks for all the input :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG! I went to the bridal expo and they were blowing my phone up too! like back to back non stop, leave a message every time insanity! I didn't go, but a friend of mine went and they made her feel like crap when she wouldn't purchase their stuff.  I had to threaten to report them to the BBB to get them to stop calling me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha---I just did my own post about this...I didn't scroll down to see these posts!  Thanks for putting this up!  I guess they're going to the comfort inn tomorrow and the holiday inn on Friday/saturday!!  I'll watch football and have some drinks on Saturday instead!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I just got the call and was thinking this has got to be too good to be true.  She knew my wedding date even though I knew I hadn't filled out their card!  I kept asking her what the catch was and she said nothing, just come fill out our 10 ? survey and watch our chef's demonstration and you are guaranteed a free trip and $1000 gift card!  She said there is no pressure to buy anything....hard to believe....so yeah, I was excited but I'm the type that will buy things in the spur of the moment and don't like being pressured into stuff I don't need or want so I'll skip it too!  :)   Kelly
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just posting this message for anyone else who might be interested in getting more info about Chef's World Brides. My fiance and I were going to attend this event tomorrow night, but after reading the above postings, and many other websites (including a girl who said she reported them to the BBB!!), we decided not to go. Well, I decided not to go, and he, who thought it was a scam the whole time, was happy I made that decision. Even if we can get a couple free nights somewhere, I don't think it's worth our time to sit through 90 minutes of pitching. With all the posting that's out there, it is obvious a lot of girls won this, which makes me even more skeptical. So if anyone is on the fence, my vote is don't bother!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your feedback on chef's world. i got the call a couple week's ago and called them back to find out what I had won. They said they were not in my area and they would call me back when they were. I started to look them up only to find like over 100 negative comments about this company. Thank god! so, when they decide to call me back I will have a little fun with the lady.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards