DC
Options

Engagement Picture Locations

My fiancé and I are having our engagement pictures taken in a couple of weeks and I could use some help.  Our photographer, a good friend, is willing to shoot in as many locations as we would like.  However, he is not from the area and is relying on us to select the locations.  We, of course, want to do some shots at the monuments, etc., but would like do have some “regular” locations too.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks in advance!

Re: Engagement Picture Locations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing ours in 3 weeks and plan on wandering around Georgetown. You can stumble on some really great spots by just walking around with no plan = ) We might also try Union Station. Remember that depending on the day and time the monument areas might be a bit crowded. Have fun!
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can't go wrong with Old Town Alexandria. Tons of great pictures to take there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing mine in a couple weeks at Brookside Gardens (http://www.montgomeryparks.org/brookside/) in MD!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my engagement shots done in July on the mall and they turned out great!  It was really cute to see the monuments in the background.  For more of the "normal" shots we went to the garden behind the the old Smithsonian Castle building.  There are a lot of good little areas back there for some intimate shots.  You could also go to the Botanical Gardens by the Capitol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting ours taken in two weeks on an old dirt/gravel tree-lined road at the base of Sugar Loaf mountain. We are hoping the tree leaves will be in prime color by then!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies.  I appreciate your help.  Our photographer is a good friend who is flying in for a few days to do our pictures and we will definitely be using several of these suggestions!  Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards